Tabby Cat

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this image please.

I've been practicing with OCF and since my wife has had enough of me taking pictures of her I though it was the cats turn.

The image was taken with a Sony A7MK2, 85MM F1.8 @ 1/5000, F1.8, ISO 50. OCF is a Godox AD200 flash power was 1/1

The issue biggest issue I have with the image seems to be the faint vertical lines running down it especially noticeable in the background. -

Can anyone tell me what this is and how to eliminate this in the future. Also any other general feedback on other areas I can improve are much appreciated.

Tabby Cat by Nick Perry, on Flickr

There's a lot of clutter in the foreground that distracts. The OOF chrome on the lower left and the highlighted area in the lower right take the focus away from the puddy-tat. The banding is quite noticeable. Is this something to do with the high (electronic) shutter speed? Have you tried taking a similar shot at a lower sync speed?

There's a lot of clutter in the foreground that distracts.

:agree: … otherwise, a great take…

Tabby%20Cat.jpg

I'm guessing the shutter speed has a lot to do with this- maybe re-try this at the A77 Mk2's sync speed of 1/250th sec :)

Les

There's a lot of clutter in the foreground that distracts. The OOF chrome on the lower left and the highlighted area in the lower right take the focus away from the puddy-tat. The banding is quite noticeable. Is this something to do with the high (electronic) shutter speed? Have you tried taking a similar shot at a lower sync speed?

:agree: … otherwise, a great take…

I'm guessing the shutter speed has a lot to do with this- maybe re-try this at the A77 Mk2's sync speed of 1/250th sec :)

Les

Thank you so much for the feedback, Yeah definitely agree with the foreground distraction, Thanks Kodiak for the edit looks much better.

I've tried again today with a lower sync speed and the banding is not there.

I also did a little digging around on the internet and the banding is also eliminated at higher shutter speeds when electronic front curtain shutter is turned off.

Back