Tabletop

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
The few times I have tried some tabletop photograghy I have been pretty pleased with my results. I thought I would give it another go.
Things didnt turn out as expected. The main thing being colour. I never shoot in B&W but as the window I shoot in front of backs onto our garden, a mass of greenery at the moment, my subjects were looking VERY green/yellow.
So I switched to mono.Shame as I love colour. That aside I think I used to many differing textures.
I just don't do mono so I can't help but want to see the colours.

Posting for feedback on any aspect. Subject, colour, post, composition, anything at all, is more than welcomed.

I lifted the blacks on the second as I was thinking the original looked a bit harsh but again maybe niether work.

Thanks
Gaz

Nuts.jpg

nuts_matt.jpg

Last edited:
Why not shoot in colour, and correct the WB for the green tint? Either choose one of your stones which is a neutral white or gray as the reference, or shoot a white or grey reference card to set the camera's white balance before shooting.

Of these 2 I prefer the 1st, I think the 2nd shot has too much lighter shades in it and the 1st one shows more definition, well to me.

Why not shoot in colour
Hi Chris. I did shoot in raw so do have that option open to me. It was such an over whelming colour cast that I thought it was to much hard work to get it looking right. Really grateful for the reply thanks.

Gaz

Of these 2 I prefer the 1st
Thanks Graham. You are quite correct there is much more definition in the first image. Good to know what fresh eyes see.

Gaz

I am just wondering if there could be some separation between the two sets of stones? I would just like to see the curve of the bowl complete.

Back