Tachinid-Tachina fera. Fly

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I took these shots within the last week, This is a awesome looking fly, really big too, I would say double the size of your normal house/bluebottle fly.
View attachment 36449
View attachment 36450
Thanks for looking and better res shots on my Flickr.

Last edited:
Once again you need to sort the wheat from the chaff. The second and third shot are very, very good. The first is not and spoils the set imo. Get rid of it and leave your best work to shine my boy;)

Once again you need to sort the wheat from the chaff. The second and third shot are very, very good. The first is not and spoils the set imo. Get rid of it and leave your best work to shine my boy;)
Thanks Brian, its a shot I cropped to show a closer view (No1) can you please tell me why its carp?

Thanks Brian, its a shot I cropped to show a closer view (No1) can you please tell me why its carp?

I never said it was crap but it's no where near as good as the other two and detracts from the quality of them. Probably for the reason you have given, cropping in too close. By doing so you have lost a lot of the fine detail as well as clipping off the lower half of it's body.

I never said it was crap but it's no where near as good as the other two and detracts from the quality of them. Probably for the reason you have given, cropping in too close. By doing so you have lost a lot of the fine detail as well as clipping off the lower half of it's body.
Ah ok, thanks Brian. Must have been a bad quality shot as its not that much cropped.

Back