Tactical contact against motorbike thieves

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Just watched one of the new traffic cop shows and it said in London and Yorkshire they can now chase riders on stolen bikes even if they have no helmet on, they can also use tactical contact to stop them in the right situation within certain guidelines.

About time is my thought but i guess some one will take me to task

I think this came into effect months ago; I remember a delightful video montage of little hoodlums on mopeds being rammed by police cars. I must admit, I watched it quite a few times and had a good chuckle every time.

Why not ,it’s less messy than shooting the little f***ers

So long as the coppers don't get hurt all's fine with me

Just playing "devils advocate" here but what does it do to a copper psychologically when they kill a 14 year old "f****r" on a moped by using tactical contact?

They're trained to use it appropriately, they give enough warnings, tactical contact is a last resort, therefore they will reassure themselves that they gave them every chance and the intention is to do minimal damage rather than kill anyone but if they don't take action the f****r on the moped may actually kill someone.

It's not a difficult psychological position to be in really, plenty of other professions that have similar stresses and strains.

Just playing "devils advocate" here but what does it do to a copper psychologically when they kill a 14 year old "f****e" on a moped by using tactical contact?

Good question, let's hope no copper finds themselves in that position, i think though the decision to strike will only come from the copper, permission will come from the control room.
We have to remember these stolen bikes are often used for other crimes including drug supply, drugs kill.

Good question, let's hope no copper finds themselves in that position, i think though the decision to strike will only come from the copper, permission will come from the control room.
We have to remember these stolen bikes are often used for other crimes including drug supply, drugs kill.

I think they're not all trained in it either, and they're only allowed to use it if they are.

About time our police cars are fitted with "tactical" bumpers like the Americans have. Would save a lot of money on repairs

I thought some cops had been prosecuted for this? I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw something on the news about this.

I'm all for it but a bit miffed that the worthless yobs cost hundreds to thousands of pounds of damage when they bounce off a cop car.

Back