Take off

Name
Simon Everett
Edit My Images
Yes
HA! How many of you thought it would be another aeroplane!

They really did take off too. Both I and they didn't think they would make it. I was expecting them to come back over on themselves. Just had enough forward momentum.....JUST.

Wow! cool story telling in these!

Wow! cool story telling in these!

I was there in the October. The following April I heard from the guys at Station 16 (NSRI = South African National Sea Rescue Institute), which is Mesuinberg beach. They were practising fast pick ups, in the sirf - attacking the sirf and picking a guy out of the water at speed. One of the guys in this boat lost his leg just above the knee. A shark hit him while he was waiting to be picked up. They got him back and out of the water - they have white sharks in the water all year round. The beach is only about 5 or 6kms from Seal Island off Simonstown, where many of the shark breaching pictures you see are shot. These guys get the boat provided, but they have to provide their own personal safety gear, and when I was there the boat didn't have a VHF.......neither did the main station at Cape Agulhas either. Tough, tough guys.

Back