Taking Advice

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening everybody.

Hope your all having a good weekend so far.
After a few posts on here of my first stab at aviation photography I have received some great advice which i have took on board.
I felt i should post up some of my photos that have been re-edited with the advice of those who have commented on my first uploads. I think i had been over editing a lot of my photo's, making them look unrealistic.

RAF Coningsby by PhilPalmer, on Flickr

RAF Lakenheath by PhilPalmer, on Flickr

RAF Coningsby by PhilPalmer, on Flickr

I have also started using some new software on my macbook air, Cyberlink Photodirector 5. From there i have been uploading straight to Flickr, my images seem to be a lot more crisp than the way i uploaded before hand. I used to email my images to my iPad and edit on Photoshop Touch before uploading to Flickr. Do images lose quality when emailed to other devices and uploaded from mobile devices?

Thanks for looking

Phil

Hi Phil, not a bad first attempt there mate,
Ist one unfortunately has the wheels cropped, I would also recommend moving the Af point on the camera to the cockpit area.
2nd one I would up the exposure a tad otherwise pretty good.
You have chosen the harder route to be honest by taking them at sunset, I would have started in daylight, get used to the aircraft movements etc, and again don't be afraid to move your AF points, if you leave it on centre point and the aircraft gets close you will end up with a clear front wheel strut and out of focus HUD .
Hope that helps in some way, am no expert myself but that's what I have learned. This is one of mine from Lossiemouth last year.

Eurofighter Typhoon by John Jesney (Mouthpiece for the Deleted), on Flickr

Hi John,

Thanks for the response.

I did find the drastic change in light hard the other evening. Roll on the summer where the light may be kind to me.

Thankyou for the tip on the AF points. I am at Duxford tommorow so some still aircraft shots may be a tad easier and perhaps a better place to start.

Thanks again.

Phil

Hi Phil, not a bad first attempt there mate,
Ist one unfortunately has the wheels cropped, I would also recommend moving the Af point on the camera to the cockpit area.
2nd one I would up the exposure a tad otherwise pretty good.
You have chosen the harder route to be honest by taking them at sunset, I would have started in daylight, get used to the aircraft movements etc, and again don't be afraid to move your AF points, if you leave it on centre point and the aircraft gets close you will end up with a clear front wheel strut and out of focus HUD .
Hope that helps in some way, am no expert myself but that's what I have learned. This is one of mine from Lossiemouth last year.

Eurofighter Typhoon by John Jesney (Mouthpiece for the Deleted), on Flickr

Also a very nice shot there.

Phil

Your welcome Phil, just keep practising and don't give up, if you haven't already left for Duxford, take a tripod if you can, the lighting inside the hangers can be challenging too

Back