Taking cameras abroad ?

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
I am flying out to stay with friends in Australia soon and staying a few weeks.
Does anyone know if you can take a DSLR in my hand luggage, and is it ok to take spare batteries/charger in my suitcase ?
Thanks.

You should be fine - I regularly travel on flights with four DSLR bodies, lenses, flashes all in my hand luggage.
I try to have my spare batteries in hand luggage (just for the eventuality that the hold luggage gets 'lost'.
But charger always goes to hold luggage...

I usually fly with my camera bag as my hand luggage, including DSLR, 3 lenses, spare batteries, cards, filters, macbook & tablet, the odd book etc. Not had a problem with this so far.

Batteries should NOT be carried in checked in luggage... Hand carry only, and spares must have their contacts covered. (Tape is usually acceptable)

and is it ok to take spare batteries/charger in my suitcase ?
As above, only in hand luggage, and usually only two spare batteries.

I've never had any problems through airports with camera's chargers and tablets, although the tablet I had to prove it worked by switching it on, all went through scanners OK no questions asked even in the USA

Thanks for the info, its been very useful. I was planning to pack my spare batteries in my case, but now it seems im better off with them in my hand luggage :)
cheers guys.

Spare batteries in checked in luggage might bring your plane down (apparently) so make sure they're kept in hand-carry.....

Spare batteries in checked in luggage might bring your plane down (apparently) so make sure they're kept in hand-carry.....
Apparently its easier to put out a fire in the cabin than the hold,
Easily spotted too, if a passenger bursts into flames :D

Back