Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
This poor wee lady was glad to take the weight off her feet this morning.:LOL:

Indulge_074.jpg

Eye of Squirrell :D
Uncropped & taken with the 150 macro.:)
Eye_of_Squirrel.jpg

aww, lovely shot, so cute seeing her sat there :)

I have been watching them at close range for a while now & never before have I seen one sitting like that. Today two of them did it!:D
Nice to see them looking so relaxed too.:)

That first picture is quality in every way especially the pose :clap:

Thank you. Mind you, I give them the best of squirrel mix so they would need to pose for the camera in return.:D
There was a young one inside the hide today. :LOL:

The second shot was just me messing about. Taken at about 10 inches from the squirrel. Just trying to see how close I could get the lens to him.

Looks like she is very happy " As I know they where when I was there...."

Nice shots Charlie.. I am still looking at some of the ones I took..

I look forward to another visit in the future " pushing my luck here lol"

MD

Looks like she is very happy " As I know they where when I was there...."

Nice shots Charlie.. I am still looking at some of the ones I took..

I look forward to another visit in the future " pushing my luck here lol"

MD

You will be made welcome if you want a return match!
Think we will organise getting Pikeman & his gear up the hill a bit easier next time. My shoulder is stall aching from the weight of that CANON gear.:puke::LOL:

Quad bike sounds like a good idea to me.(y)

Excellent shot:clap:

Absolutely love the first picture, an absolute cracker. Such a cute shot.

that 2nd one is soo sharp i just cut my eyeballs open!!
Stunning captures, well done!

Both good but I love the pose on number 1. Well taken, nice and sharp, thanks for sharing (y)

crackers........

do you leave the camera there and have a wired / remote trigger, or have you "made very good" friends with them and they are happy to have you around????

Thank you all for your kind comments.
I do not know how to do the multi quote thingy so I will just answer your questions in one.
Ladysue. She,like the rest of them is moulting just now. There is nothing wrong with her, she is pregnant. I have noticed the females get very slow & lethargic when they are almost full term.

Lynton. They come to me & we are very good friends. This morning I went to the hide & before I could get inside I had a red one running about among my feet.
I had six squirrels all feeding at the same time this morning. Four adults & two juvenile. A cock Pheasant tried to muscle in on some food & was promptly set upon by one of the juveniles.:LOL:
I also had one with the hiccups.:LOL: I could hear it quite clearly hiccing away.
:D

Hi

The first shot is an absolute winner and a very saleable picture.

Well done.

Graham

Thank you.
Funnily enough, I have just been asked if I would like to put some of my Red shots together to make a wee book.:thinking:

You will be made welcome if you want a return match!
Think we will organise getting Pikeman & his gear up the hill a bit easier next time. My shoulder is stall aching from the weight of that CANON gear.:puke::LOL:

Quad bike sounds like a good idea to me.(y)

Will be ok to carry the kit next time , but a Quad sounds good to me :) Sorry about your shoulder , good job i only bought half of my kit :LOL: Great shot by the way , did make me smile :) Good news about the book (y)

Great shots Charlie, that first pic must be my favourite red from you so far, they are little gems and I never tire of viewing them.

Dean

P.s any good sites to see them in Dumfries, we are up there in less than 2 weeks on the coast near Port William.

Great shots Charlie, that first pic must be my favourite red from you so far, they are little gems and I never tire of viewing them.

Dean

P.s any good sites to see them in Dumfries, we are up there in less than 2 weeks on the coast near Port William.

Cheers. Sorry I have little knowledge about that area.
Maybe you could get some info from The Scottish Wildlife trust.:shrug:

Back