Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
14929629768_b033284450_b.jpg
15093201566_6bc6d00f1e_b.jpg
14929638737_ee00f88d46_b.jpg
9408260121_b3f882b63a_b.jpg

Very nice set has to be the third for me, very nicely composed.

thats good my local 20 as well

Great photos, I really like the sand/ foreground details in the vertical shot.

Lovely composition on the 3rd images, but I like how you've picked up the blowing sand on the beach in the 4th. I've always found capturing mist/haze quite tricky!

Excellent detail in no 3 particularly showing in the sand.
GEORGE.

I really like #3 as the detail of the sand plus the way the eye is drawn up to the lighthouse 'tells a story' in a way that the others don't.

Would you mind if I used this in an English lesson as a stimulus for descriptive writing?

I really like #3 as the detail of the sand plus the way the eye is drawn up to the lighthouse 'tells a story' in a way that the others don't.

Would you mind if I used this in an English lesson as a stimulus for descriptive writing?

Not at all go ahead !! :)

Not at all go ahead !! :)

Thank you so much! I know the kids will love it.

In case you're interested- this is the lesson:

Name all the nouns you can see
Imagine you are stood on the beach- use adjectives to help the reader imagine what it would be like to be there. Consider: the texture of the sand, the temperature of the sea, the way you feel about the lighthouse, the colour of the sky.
Now try: Alliteration to describe the breeze; simile to describe the feeling of sea spray as it comes off the sea; metaphor to describe the stones in the sand; personification to describe the sound of the waves; anthropomorphize to describe the seagulls.
Look at those sentences- can you improve the construction? Use the upgrade your sentence structures to redraft, improve and extend.
Now imagine you are walking up to the lighthouse. Use your sentences, and build on your descriptions to help the reader imagine they are there too.

Thank you so much! I know the kids will love it.

In case you're interested- this is the lesson:

Name all the nouns you can see
Imagine you are stood on the beach- use adjectives to help the reader imagine what it would be like to be there. Consider: the texture of the sand, the temperature of the sea, the way you feel about the lighthouse, the colour of the sky.
Now try: Alliteration to describe the breeze; simile to describe the feeling of sea spray as it comes off the sea; metaphor to describe the stones in the sand; personification to describe the sound of the waves; anthropomorphize to describe the seagulls.
Look at those sentences- can you improve the construction? Use the upgrade your sentence structures to redraft, improve and extend.
Now imagine you are walking up to the lighthouse. Use your sentences, and build on your descriptions to help the reader imagine they are there too.

An interesting way to stimulate creative thinking. Hope the kids enjoy it :)

Back