Talisker, Quiraing

oooh wow, now that 2nd shot is a real winner for me, Lots of interest in there to look at and those colours.
Deff one for thr wall Neil.

You picked a good week for sure.

Talisker is a very fine example - little bit more room maybe needed in the top right to allow a bit more breathing space but very nice.

The second shot is expert. You’ve managed to avoid the common pitfalls of putting the tree in the lake. I like this view and the tree - my downer being the road being visible. I tend to go further along to hide the road and frame “the shark fin”

Last edited:
The Talisker image is lovely!

The tree though, nothing wrong with the image whatsoever, wonderful light, and as Steve says, you didn't get the tree in the lochs, I just hate that bloody tree! :ROFLMAO:

Lol :)

I don’t hate the tree I just hate that bloody road and also the graveyard which a lot end up framing if you go further along.

It’s an easy location to find but quite hard to do well.

I don't even know what it is about it that I dislike to be fair. I think it's just the fact I've seen that many poor takes on it...hell I even took one of it myself the other week, a quick handheld shot when running my workshop as the sky was too good not to!

The Talisker one for me Neil. I'm pondering a visit to Skye next month and Talisker would definitely be a place to visit now.

oooh wow, now that 2nd shot is a real winner for me, Lots of interest in there to look at and those colours.
Deff one for thr wall Neil.

Thanks Graham.

You picked a good week for sure.

Talisker is a very fine example - little bit more room maybe needed in the top right to allow a bit more breathing space but very nice.

The second shot is expert. You’ve managed to avoid the common pitfalls of putting the tree in the lake. I like this view and the tree - my downer being the road being visible. I tend to go further along to hide the road and frame “the shark fin”

Cheers Steve...all about compromise for me, I could clone the road out entirely but it's part of the scene and not overly intrusive! I did get a couple of other images towards the 'Prison', helluva walk!

The Talisker image is lovely!

The tree though, nothing wrong with the image whatsoever, wonderful light, and as Steve says, you didn't get the tree in the lochs, I just hate that bloody tree! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Martin,

Back