Talk Photography Fantasy Football Premier League 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking myself as I forgot to check my team before the deadline, didn't realise Aguero was injured. 29 points from my defence, all with clean sheets, still made it a decent week though.

What a p*** poor week that was, can't believe I'm still top!

Played my wild card at 11.25 on Saturday and brought in Spurs' Ben Davies as he has a decent points haul and he becomes ill!

All the small gains I'd made of the last few weeks disappeared. :( 38 points when the average was 50. :rolleyes:

Who would have thought Okazaki would get more points than Lukaku and Vardy. :thinking:

I think the Utd run may have slowed down, and so may the goals from Lukaku. Especially if Moaninho is going to stay defensive. :thinking:

I've updated the table in the 1st post but I'll add it here as well. Good to see I'm keeping up with my annual tradition of a good start followed by the inevitable slide!

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.49.58.png

Not sure if you can still join but new to the forum and i have a fpl team so will try later on, started well but gone down hill last few weeks.

I'm quite happy with how my team has been doing seeing as I started a week late. :) I was in the bottom two for quite awhile, but seem to have got a good mix of players who have been pretty consistent so far and been moving up. I thank anyone who hasn't been bothering. ;) :LOL:

Getting very tight at the top now, next few weeks are going to be interesting.

Very tight. Even with the extra week that I missed I wouldn't be fighting for the win. :( :rolleyes:

I think there is a chance to match my highest position of fifth if the two above mess up, and things go my way. ;) Decisions to make about replacing Kane or not. :thinking:

Weird weekend this week with so few PL games. :confused:

Played my free hit as most of my squad weren't playing this week due to the FA Cup. Boy, did that pay off! 108 points from only 4 games, have never even got that from a 20 game week! Having Salah as caption and drafting in the 2 Crystal Palace scorers helped.

I'm not really happy with the Free Hit as an option, having the ability to totally change a squad takes away from from the premise of choosing and managing a squad within the financial limits imho. That said, because of that I still thankfully had the Free Hit available for this week. ;) I think I would have only had 6 players playing this week because of the FA Cup, so I changed 12 players. :eek: So because of that, and having Mr Salah as my Captain :D (he was one I didn't change ;)) I got 106 points and looks like I have moved up a place. :D

Salah still stuns me that he keeps on scoring. :clap: May he keep on doing it. :)

I was hoping that people would forget about the cup and wouldn't have used their free hit but, looking at the scores, that wasn't the case. Everyone seems to have Salah as captain as well.

Free hit was a godsend, but cant believe I still drafted in a Brighton player.....DOH:asshat::asshat::asshat:

I was hoping that people would forget about the cup and wouldn't have used their free hit but, looking at the scores, that wasn't the case. Everyone seems to have Salah as captain as well.

I was hoping that too. ;) :LOL:

Salah was the one to have. He got more points by himself than my whole squad has got for some weeks. :eek: I can see him getting in a lot of squads, if he wasn't in them already, now that Kane is injured. ;)

Just got to see who comes back with injuries from the internationals be fore making any changes. ;) :rolleyes:

Two games for a some players last week, and I ended up getting about the same points as a normal week. :( :rolleyes: Not too bad though as I moved up to joint 5th. I think 5th - 8th may be a finishing position, which after missing the first week is not too bad. :) Even with some week one points I would be nowhere near top spot, where Chris . with Banished to Riyadh has a huge, and I think unassailable lead. :clap:

Some odd results messing up the best laid plans atm. :rolleyes:

Great timing by Dan Smith with Mkhitaryan Lannister to use the bench boost this week with most teams having two games. :clap: That could end up jumping a lot of places. I'll have to remember that for next season. ;) :LOL:

Looks like Chris has topped the table (like most of the season) despite some valiant efforts from the 3 teams below him.

The Real Villa will be back next season, bigger and stronger.(y)

Last edited:
Congratulations to Chris . and his Banished to Riyadh squad for winning the Talkphotography FF League. :clap: 72 points ahead of 2nd place, so pretty emphatic win. :)

I started a week late so am very happy to finish in 7th place. :) I may have potentially gained a couple of places otherwise, so have to remember to get it sorted in time next season. ;) :rolleyes: :)

Thank you. Another lucky year for Banished to Riyadh and I had to work hard to keep ahead of the chasing pack.

Thank you. Another lucky year for Banished to Riyadh and I had to work hard to keep ahead of the chasing pack.

Congrats Chris!! Better luck to the rest of us for next season eh!!

If anyone wants to run this for the new season, feel free to start a new thread. If you then report it, we'll make it a sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back