Talk photography on Google maps

I think I have already done this... Will need to check again in case there are some people around to meet up with.

Last edited:
I have been trying for months now, but cannot see an edit button, also no add a placemark, I maybe just too toopid!

I managed to hijack a marker that was placed in the sea with no details! hope this was not a wee island and somebody's marker. lol

Bit of a revival, added myself too!

Just added my new home to the map, i'm going to be miles away from anybody :(

Still, got some fantastic new scenery to photography in New Zealand :D

added Myself to the map Maryport Cumbria area. I'm surprised there's so few people in the Cumbria area considering how close we are to the lakes.

I'm glad to see this is still being used.
A lot of people seem to have added themselves to the map.
Has anyone met up via this?
If anyone on the map who is in Berks / Hants who is still active on here and wants to meet up or photography give me a shout.

I've added myself to the map and I'm the only person in the country? o_O

This is a great way of seeing who is around you or the areas you are visiting for some local knowledge. Not sure how up to date it is though.

It's good to see this thread is still going even if the last post (before Gritty) posted was in 2018.
Looking at the map I see a lot more people have added themselves but there is no way of knowing who is still active.

Does anyone still bother with the Google map group. I know we are under Covid restrictions but maybe by the end of the year we could start looking at small group meets again ?

Back