Answered talkphotography website warning

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
just logged onto the forum and this appeared :( seems the security certificate expired today

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 12.15.35 copy.jpg

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
No
I am getting that too, I assume their SSL certificate has expired.

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ditto

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
Had the same message, glad to see the site has not been hacked

Caerus

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Goes to show how outdated my system is. I am getting no such warnings at all

Edit My Images
No
I'm sorry to report that I'm still experiencing Security Certificate issues on Android. This morning I logged in and posted something OK on my tablet, but when I came to add something 20 mins later, I had to take the "living dangerously" route to get back in again. Then when I tried (3 times) to post again on the same thread, my comment wouldn't go through, and I had to fire up the desktop. Later on, I tried to read any further comments on my Android phone, but again had to take the "insecure" route. I'm guessing that this is an Android issue with the site's certificate.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Haven’t seen this on iOS Safari or Chrome.

Tori_T

Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
Very odd.
There's definitely a valid cert in place; see below.
Screenshot from 2019-12-11 15-05-23.png

Edit My Images
No
I must confess that I know nothing about how these things work, but as both my problems have been on Android devices, could that make any difference? Or even the Android versions, neither of which is current (or can be updated).

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
I must confess that I know nothing about how these things work, but as both my problems have been on Android devices, could that make any difference? Or even the Android versions, neither of which is current (or can be updated).
Might be that.
I'm on android with up to date software and everything works great.

Edit My Images
No
Interesting ! It's also odd that the problem isn't consistent. The idea to post a screenshot ocurred to me overnight, but this morning when I went to take one, I was admitted to the site on my Android tablet several times without problem. But when I tried this afternoon, the message popped up as shown. After loosing my several posts yesterday on the tablet, I'm working from the desktop now.

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Staff member
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hmmm I'm wondering if it was a local browser issue. Maybe an outdated cache that has since rectified itself?
Always worth keeping up to date on device software (ie Android) too.

If it pops up again, tag me in a post with a screenshot and I'll get the hosts to investigate :)