Critique Tall Ship Glasgow

Welcome back;)

Reactions: ST4
The fantastic light in the second one really makes it stand out from the other 2, even though they are good shots as well. The barrier and ladder top are a pest as they are so prominent, so next time take a bravery pill and step onto the top of the ladder and get rid of them! ;)

Somehow they allowed me back in too... they must have missed us too much :p

I like no 2. Great comp, good light and colours. Did you try another a bit more from the left to loose that railing?

Somehow they allowed me back in too... they must have missed us too much :p

I like no 2. Great comp, good light and colours. Did you try another a bit more from the left to loose that railing?

I can't see Steve moving to the left some how, quite rightly too (pun intended);)

I can't see Steve moving to the left some how, quite rightly too (pun intended);)

[emoji23][emoji16] chuckle!

good to see you back Steve with stunning images to boot [emoji4]

I couldn't move left. Well I could but then id go over the railing and fall ten feet into the Clyde and die.

Could have composed to include less of the railing but it would just look distracting.

I shot these at 20mm on full frame. Bloody wide as you just can't get far enough back from the boat.

The best shot is over at govan shooting towards the tall ship and riverside museum and you wouldn't need 20mm to fit it all in either.

But that would be pandering to the left ;)

Three very nice interpretations Steve, of roughly the same shot. I like them all but prefer the second shot purely for the warmer colour balance.(y)

George.

I just like seeing a day start and end and the light change in such a short space of time is really wonderful. I prefer the 1st, I love these rich blues and hint of lillacs you get before sunrise (and after sunset) and then just waiting for the 1st light of the day from the rising sun to catch. Which is what 2 is. 3 is a b&w conversion of one 10mins after 3 IIRC

I like #2 best Steve although #1 has that lovely pre-dawn blue light and makes it feel cold and fresh!

Ideally IMOI I'd want to see these shot wider as it does feel very tight in the frame

LOL. 20mm is as wide as I own but I do take the point. I do look at 14-24's longingly.

I know what you mean - have you thought about taking an extra shot either side and stitching in PP?

Back