Tamron 20-40mm eBay Bargain(?)!

danza

Edit My Images
Yes
As I spend a while on eBay some evenings, inevitably I come accross the odd deal. Tonight I found a Tamron 20-40mm f2.7-3.5 Aspherical IF lens for the princely sum of £74 all in.

I was a bit wary at first as it's an older(ish) lens. Reviews ranged from it was 'OK' to it's sharper than the 17-40L and similar, and Sigma/Tokina equivalents. It's also slightly lacking at the wider end, being eq. to 32-64mm, but I don't think that'll be a problem (I am going to buy a Sigma 10-20mm at some point in the distant future anyway). I can shift my 18-55mm for a few readies too, which is nice.

I'm looking forward to the results. Hopefully they'll be good , if not, someone here can have it for a ton ;)

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
good luck!

dod

Droopy
Staff member
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
32mm equivalent is wide enough for most things anyway. It's a fairly recent thing the obsession with ultra wides. Good purchase :)

OP
D

danza

Edit My Images
Yes

Well it arrived!

It weighs about 3 times the 18-55mm it will replace. AF if NOISY(!), but quite fast. I haven't had the chance to give it a proper workout yet though, but will post some shots asap!