Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro SP Lens with ring flash?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Anyone here use the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro SP Lens with a ring flash.
I am looking at buying one but after watching a few videos it seems that this when focusing the barrel moves in and out does this interfer with a ring flash?
Thanks
Russ

I'm afraid I can't remember if the front element turns when focussing but if it does, it's not a huge problem. Just make sure the lead to the flash isn't going to come under strain at either end of the focal range. Focus, check for modelling, adjust balance (if it's adjustable with your ring flash), shoot.

I'm afraid I can't remember if the front element turns when focussing but if it does, it's not a huge problem. Just make sure the lead to the flash isn't going to come under strain at either end of the focal range. Focus, check for modelling, adjust balance (if it's adjustable with your ring flash), shoot.
Thank you for your reply.
Russ

I don't have one of these flashes or the lens. The ring flash should have leads to the front element - providing they are long enough then moving the barrell should not be a problem. I have a twin flash - and this works in the same way with my Canon MPE-65mm, as that twists forward as you increase the magnification.

As Nod - said you just need to check the leads don't strain.

I don't have one of these flashes or the lens. The ring flash should have leads to the front element - providing they are long enough then moving the barrell should not be a problem. I have a twin flash - and this works in the same way with my Canon MPE-65mm, as that twists forward as you increase the magnification.

As Nod - said you just need to check the leads don't strain.

:agree: but if the filter thread also rotates then you could have an issue of the RF twisting but my opinion is dont bother with ringflash at all. But if you want one I can sell you mine ;) let me know and i'll put in the classified section. its the yongnuo yn14ex

Back