Tanzania Safari 2018

So I arrived in Kilimanjaro 9 days ago and we headed into tangerine national park for two nights staying at the Balloon Camp.... The park is amazing, lots and lots of wildlife but very very dry and dusty, a complete contrast to when I was there 2 years ago in February when it was green.
After tangerine safari park we headed to ngorongoro crater, stayed at the Sapo lodge in preparation to go into the crater the next day.....the ngorongoro crater was a nightmare, completely covered by thick cloud and cold.....really cold, there was very few animals to see and by 9:30 in the morning I was still shooting at ISO 1600 to 3200 to make an exposure.
We left the crater and headed to the southern serengeti where we stayed for two more nights. This area is great as you can go off road but talk about dust ville.....dust everywhere.
We then started heading north to the northern Serengeti where we spent the next 2 nights and managed to get a mara river crossing shot........that was so so special to witness watching thousands of wikderbest going crazy trying to stay away from the crocodiles.......
We then headed back into central Serengeti to catch my flight back to DAR then home...........all in all a fantastic trip
Neil

The last of the river crossing is the classic shot, seen so often in documentaries and the like but it must have been something very different to actually be there. However, those elephants :) That is a beautiful image (y)

Some special images there Neil. Looks like you had a cracking time albeit the dust situation which is tough for the camera.

How my guide spotted this lion from where we were was beyond me................he was really good
Neil
Neils-Photography-18092018-Safari-Prints-0003.jpg

some cracking shots
Cheers mate.....I'm going out to buy some nice fine art paper today and print my best 25 prints A2 size then auction them for a local charity.....the images are very large (100 megapixel) so should get some nice prints.
Neil

Last few.

I started printing all of these 25 faveriout prints of mine on some nice Epson Hot Press Bright A2 paper and will hand carry them to Thailand on Wednesday as we are going to auction them off to a local kids charity that my wife supports in Phuket Thailand..........I will look forward to seeing the kids faces when they see the lions :) :)
Neils-Photography-18092018-Safari-Prints-0011.jpg Neils-Photography-18092018-Safari-Second-Picks-0043.jpg Neils-Photography-18092018-Safari-Second-Picks-0136.jpg

Excellent set, thanks ;)

wonderful images Neil

I think that's a Black-Headed Heron (Ardea melanocephala), Neil

and a Lilac-Breasted roller (Coracias caudatus)

Back