Tanzania wild n free

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Been pretty busy with photographic safaris recently but got a day to myself and thought I'd post a few from July and August....

1P7A4592.jpg

Quite terrifying when you're on the ground and a full grown male lion begins to stalk...
1P7A8530.jpg

I have loads of photos of this cub and his sister playing but this is my fav... not sure about the editing though?

1P7A9455.jpg

Always been a fan of slow shutter speeds but not easy when wielding a 150-600mm lens!

And now a few of my favorite creatures....

1P7A0662.jpg

Baby elephants are hilarious to watch, especially when it's still pretty cool... so playful!

1P7A8245.jpg

IMG_7855aa.jpg

Superb set, love the 1st and last ... quite jealous :D

Hope No 1 was not Cecil!

Elephant ones very charming.

I was born in Tanzania, so have a soft spot for the place.

Who was your guide?

Must do the before its too late

Mj

Thanks guys - I am the guide - i lead photographic safaris for a living so, if you want a safari, pm me for details :)

All superb...as you say the elephants are wonderful creatures. I did laugh when you answered Mark re who was the guide. Has to be amongst the best jobs in the world,I reckon.

I really like the Zebra, nice effect - and the last one at the water is rather special too!

I love the feeling of the last one! All of them are great though. I'm off on a safari next month for honeymoon :)

Out of interest what sort of focal lenth are you using? I'm looking for a new lens that won't break the bank, I only have up to 200mm at the moment.

Great set, captured the essence of the wild. Can't wait to get back now :)

Second & Last one are the best for me.
But if I was to offer critique, the first seems to have a green cast over it, it doesn't look natural, actually I don't really like it as an image (just my personal opinion)
Zebra, I recognise it's not an easy shot, but doesn't see as sharp as it could be on the subject.
The first elephant pic looks over exposed (was that deliberate?)
The second I'd probably re-crop to reduce the amount of 'mum' in the image.
The last is stunning, lovely lighting and setting. Like that one.

If you weren't looking for those comments please ignore :D (y)

Racingsnake - thanks for the feedback... the green cast is weird, because that is how it looked in real life - (rainy season is very VERY green!) - unless our screens are calibrated differently, which might enhance the green'ness? I'll check on another screen.
Zebra - again, it might be because of the image quality of the upload - zoomed in to 100% on the laptop the head is pin-sharp so maybe I need to look at other methods of re-sizing for the net.
Ele - I chose to wash out the sky as it was pretty bright anyway - experimenting with different styles and still can't decide on whether i like that or not.
Baby ele - thanks, I did try a second re-crop a while ago, much tighter, but preferred the wider shot.

Thanks for the comments - appreciate the feedback! :)

I love the feeling of the last one! All of them are great though. I'm off on a safari next month for honeymoon :)

Out of interest what sort of focal lenth are you using? I'm looking for a new lens that won't break the bank, I only have up to 200mm at the moment.

I use a 150-600mm Tamron, a 70-200mm f2.8 Canon, a 18-135mm and a 11-16mm..... but would also suggest, if you can, to use two bodies, otherwise you are constantly switching lenses in a rather dusty environment!

Here's three bird photos to compliment the set... it's not just about the big mammals out here! :)

1P7A0477.jpg

A little Pearl Spotted Owlet.... minute little things!

1P7A3019.jpg

This Barbet is a photographers friend... always using the same termite mound as a look out - I see him every time I drive past!

1P7A7540.jpg

My favourite feathered friend... the Lilac Breasted Roller!

Last edited:
Back