Teacup owls

flossyplops

Read my username twice. Don't get it wrong.
Name
Heidi
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been looking for something to put out for the owls and came across these novelty teacup and saucer planters in the garden centre, the blue and white one was big enough to fit them all in although getting them all in and looking at me is a work in practice and the green spotty one just had enough room for one.

_MG_1111%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_1129%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_1241%20-%20Copy.jpg

_MG_1217%20-%20Copy.jpg

Someone else said that on Facebook, I can assure you there is no Photoshopping or other wizardry involved, just good old patience and an eye for owl sized props [emoji23]

Great idea for amusing shots, looking forward to all three in one.

They're incredible, well done. I love them

They are great shots, good choice on the planters, different and very amusing.

I would have thought if there was a market for anything I've seen in the birding forum, it would be these ☺

Thanks for all your lovely comments :) I guess it came about from me being able to spend as much time as I like with the Little Owls on our farm so I've done owl on a stick, owl on a rock etc etc so was looking for something a bit different, more novelty value than anything but obviously still with the Owls best interests at heart. I got the idea from the wild mice that I used to photograph in my shed with them in cars, on skateboards and stuff, anywhere I put peanut butter they would go on/in and just applied it to the Owls but on a larger scale (not the peanut butter though). I am very lucky to see the Little Owls breed on our farm year after year and they are amazing feisty characters, the chicks are very inquisitive and will explore anything I put out long after any mealworms have gone.

Back