Teenage Portrait C&C welcome

I am no expert but do like it. Nice and simple, sharp in the right places and good bokeh.

Reactions: Jez
I was just about to type almost exactly the same...I'm no expert at portraits but I like it too.

I quite like it. Only negative for me is the bright parts top left corner. Once you notice them you keep looking at them - they need toning down; or take from a slightly different angle to exclude them.

Good eye contact, and nice light too.
Main crit from me would be that it's too central in the frame for my taste. Others may (and will) disagree with this !
Next time, try leaving more wall in the shot, so the leading lines of the wall draw you to your model.
Having said that, a nice portrait, so well done.

I like it. I think it also works well in a tighter crop, with the left side cropped to remove the distracting highlights.

Yes a nice image indeed, I agree about the crop and maybe a little soft light on her face to bring out detail in her eyes/ Hair etc - a reflector would have worked well in this shot

I have cloned out the bright area's too, could do a much better job with a full sized image lol

Like this- quick edit, hope you don't mind?

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
A really nice image. I think a slightly tighter crop. I don't think you should clone the highlights in the background out, just tone them down.

Yes a nice image indeed, I agree about the crop and maybe a little soft light on her face to bring out detail in her eyes/ Hair etc - a reflector would have worked well in this shot

I have cloned out the bright area's too, could do a much better job with a full sized image lol

Like this- quick edit, hope you don't mind?

Les ;)

love the crop Les, not sold on the edit though...i like the contrast in the light on her face, there would of been nowhere to put a reflector..we're against a wall...thanks for your input mate:)

No worries Jez - It's your image and we all see things in a different light ( No pun intended) :D

Les

Looking forward to seeing more images in due course

Back