Tell Them I Love Them...

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Firstly, apologies if this image is upsetting to anyone in anyway (my wife said she was slightly freaked out by it).View attachment 32147

The idea for this shot came around after speaking to a friend who had just lost his job due to the downturn in the oil industry up here in Aberdeen. He explained he was having difficulty finding another job and that was getting into trouble repaying debts. He commented that he felt like just walking into the sea.

His comment came to mind as I was walking along the beach yesterday and this is the result.

Balmedie beach, Aberdeenshire.

Nikon D7000
Tamron 17-50 2.8
Cokin Grad

Last edited:
I do like this one. As soon as I saw the picture I knew what your title meant, certainly a strange feel to it (y)

It's a lovely image, but a very saddening sentiment.

I like the idea and the concept and it's the most original photo I have seen on here for a long time.
It tells a story albeit a sad one but we hear grim news every day, it's just life.
Well done (y)

Reminds me of Reggie Perrin!

Ha ha, technically I did fake my own death by imprinting the footsteps and then heading off left after I reached the water. Luckily they were still there when I got back to fire the shutter!

An area I know well. Very nicely portrayed. I have no issue with the suicide inference. One slight grumble is the ship on the horizon. I'd get rid of that to clean it up a bit.

Lovely shot, but I think a more subtle and less direct title would work better with the subject.

Possibly look a little further south for inspiration on the title? - the geographical closeness to Blackdog would seem too much of a coincidence to ignore when portraying a theme of depression along Balmedie.

I really like it. The colors are great in the sky and it looks so bleak I could see someone doing this.

One slight grumble is the ship on the horizon. I'd get rid of that to clean it up a bit.

I hadn't even seen this as it was so small. What a good set of eyes you have. Care to swap my short sighted ones for yours?

Specsavers is your friend.

Back