Tenby Lifeboat House - Past & Present

Name
Ashley
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a landscapey shot from a recent family holiday to Tenby...

Although I don't feel that landscape shot's are my strongest suit, I do quite like this one.

Tenby Lifeboat House - Past & Present
18392256645_259f1fe332_b.jpg

All C&C appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
I remember watching Grand Designs with the refurbishment/renovation of the old one into a house, certainly quite an impressive project and one full of challenges.

As for the image, nice composition but maybe could be just a tad warmer on the white balance? Appreciate sea and sky fills the bulk of the frame but for me its just a little too blue.

Yes, I didn't know until I got back home and googled the Old Lifeboat House and found out that it was now actually someone's home...

I've made the temperature adjustment as suggested.

Hi Ashley, I prefer the first one, I think you've now lost the wonderful sense of space and the perspective of the high land on the horizon,--that said maybe just an inch of the top would offer a bit more strength to the foreground.

Geoff

Geoff, I think you've hit the nail on the head about what it was that I liked about the original...

I spent last weekend in Tenby and thought what a lovely town it was. I was very taken with both lifeboat stations. The old one was very photogenic I thought.

I think you haven't really analysed what you like about this view, and this shows in the composition. Something has caught your eye but you haven't really worked through the problem to establish what it was. Once you do that you can work through the compositional elements and arrange them to create a much stronger image. Good post production though.

Back