Terrorist Attack in Munich?

Latest is one dead, ten injured, horrible feeling it will be more.

The world seems to have gone a bit crazy this year in every aspect

6pm news is saying multiple dead and injured :(

These killings are out of hand ,it's like a virus spread everywhere !!!!

One of the shootings here was a false alarm reported on the news. People are hearing things and spreading rumours.

Last edited:
Seems there may be shooting at 2 locations :(

The mobile networks are under strain and people are complaining that Facebook is overloaded.

Oh blast! The pub is asking us to all pay our bar bills. Someone suggested it's in case we get shot and can't pay later.

Hopefully they keep serving the booze.

Finally my girlfriend reports in. Still alive too. She probably wanted to keep me worrying.

My thoughts are with all my friends in Munich and surrounding area. And you @ianp5a :)

Now people are wondering how to get home with the city now on shut down. Motorway is also closed.

6 dead apparently according to Katie.

The pub has chained the gate closed. Nobody can get out or in.

Last edited:
Now people are wondering how to get home with the city now on shut down. Motorway is also closed.

6 dead apparently according to Katie.

The pub has chained the gate closed. Nobody can get out or in.
The main thing is you're safe - being locked in a pub is a bonus, not that I imagine theres much of a party atmosphere..

The main thing is you're safe - being locked in a pub is a bonus, not that I imagine theres much of a party atmosphere..
On the contrary. This lock in has gripped everyone's imagination.

We can get out the back exit now. Some of us are are going round to the nearest friend who has booze in.

Last edited:
I just passed a taxi rank. With no public transport in the city, the taxi station phone was ringing constantly and hopelessly.

People are still out on the streets, despite the police orders to stay indoors.
We've taken refuge now in at Katie's. She has cold beer!
I will cycle home. But, on a night like this, it's quite exciting. And are finally seeing pictures on the telly, of places we know so well with storm troopers trampling all over place.

8 now dead.

Last edited:
They are calling it 'Munich 3' now. First was the Olympic games siege(1972, 10 killed ), then the Oktoberfest bomb (1980, 13 died), and the now it's OEZ shootings. The OEZ is the name of the shopping centre where the shooting occurred today. Olympia Einkauf(shopping) Zentrum(centre). On the edge of the Olympic village site. I used to live nearby and know it well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest_terror_attack

Last edited:
They are calling it 'Munich 3' now. First was the Olympic games siege(1972, 10 killed ), then the Oktoberfest bomb (1980, 13 died), and the now it's OEZ shootings. The OEZ is the name of the shopping centre where the shooting occurred today. Olympia Einkauf(shopping) Zentrum(centre). On the edge of the Olympic village site. I used to live nearby and know it well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oktoberfest_terror_attack

Some of tomorrow's papers are calling it the Munich Massacre.

Ah. That name's been taken for the 1972 siege. That's why they always number them, since November the 9th any way.

Last edited:
Ah. That name's been taken for the 1972 siege. That's why they always number them, since November the 9th any way.

I really don't think it matters what it's called. What is important is working out how to stop events like this.

I really don't think it matters what it's called. What is important is working out how to stop events like this.
do you think it could ever be stopped? don't think it could, how could you scrutinise everyone in big gatherings, I wish you could.
it does make you very weary in places where there are lots of people.

Life appears to be back to the usual hustle and bustle at the main station this morning.

And no more sirens. Before I'd heard about the attack, I was crossing the city on my bike, and there didn't seem to a break in the sirens and blue lights. Plain clothed police cars seemed to be rushing in all different directions. I wondered if something serious was happening or if it's just another crazy city day, with multiple small incidents that you never hear about.

Last edited:
I wish I had the answers. On a basic level the west needs to look out how it interacts with muslim countries. We (the west) use our military might against muslim nations (Iraq, Syria, Libya) and this can only lead to pain, and the radicals use this to justify attacks on us. I think a total re-think about how we interact with the muslim world would be a good starting point.

I wish I had the answers. On a basic level the west needs to look out how it interacts with muslim countries. We (the west) use our military might against muslim nations (Iraq, Syria, Libya) and this can only lead to pain, and the radicals use this to justify attacks on us. I think a total re-think about how we interact with the muslim world would be a good starting point.
That sounds like Obama's 2009 Cairo speech.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_New_Beginning

Last edited:
I agree that can't help matters but isn't this kid german born? The majority of attacks in the west seem to be perpetrated by born nationals.

They interviewed the former head of interpol I think it was this morning he was saying a similar thing we have to understand the reasons why and change the way we interact with the Muslim world

Back