Showing for me.

OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
And me, thing was how easy was it to create the code?
Takes a few steps

a) Create a shared album in your Google Photo space to hold the photos you are making public - use the Create a link option and copy that URL to note card (I'll call that url1 for now)
b) Put photos you want to share in that album - if you have your settings on Google to let them adjust file size (about 12MP) then currently storage is unlimited
c) Click on a photo you want to share and create a link to that and save to your notecard (I'll call that url2 for now)
d) If you are using Windows you then right click on your photo and choose View Image - this is where Google creates a direct link to a resized version dpending on how large your browser window is - but we can fiddle that later - there will now be a huge URL in the address bar at the top of the browser, select that - copy it and paste into your notecard (I'll call that url3 for now)
e) Now for a little editing of the note card - the last part of url3 will be something like =w962-h645-no which is the size the photo is on your screen - you change that to =s1024-k-no which scales to 1024 pixels in largest dimension. (I'll call that url4 for now)
f) Now to assemble the BBCode

Code:
[URL ='url2'][IMG]url4[/IMG] title you want on image [/URL] from the [URL='url1']Google Photo Album of Your Name[/URL]

So not rocket science but a bit of a faff.

Title you want on image

from the Google Photo Album of Your Name

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Can't you just right click on the image in Google Photos, view image, copy image location, then paste that between IMG tags?

Like this:

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmb
Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't you just right click on the image in Google Photos, view image, copy image location, then paste that between IMG tags?

Like this:

If the image on GP is no bigger than 1024 pixels on longest side that is the limit mentioned for the forums. The advantage of the link from a resized image is that folks can go and see a higher resolution less compressed version without overloading the forum bandwidth or storage.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
If the image on GP is no bigger than 1024 pixels on longest side that is the limit mentioned for the forums. The advantage of the link from a resized image is that folks can go and see a higher resolution less compressed version without overloading the forum bandwidth or storage.
Fair enough. But, like you said, it's a bit of a faff.

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
sod it
i will use flikr and bite the bullet
cheers
geof

Last edited: