Test shoot for cosplay

Although not direct C&C for your image, cosplayers and Harley Quinn have a load of images online with fauxtographers and photographers almost falling over themselves to shoot them, the question I ask you (and I mean it in the nicest and best possible way!). What are you going to do that is different and sets this young lady head and shoulders above the rest!

Well I live in a little quiet town. But aside from all that I'm experimenting with different techniques and ideas. Hoping to finish off the costume first then take it to the streets for some shots. But all good and you raise good points. Learning curve day by day for me. I need better face paint as well

Well I live in a little quiet town. But aside from all that I'm experimenting with different techniques and ideas. Hoping to finish off the costume first then take it to the streets for some shots. But all good and you raise good points. Learning curve day by day for me. I need better face paint as well
I love cosplay so would like to see more in the series of Harleen (I've been googling ;) )

So harleen was a psychiatric intern at Arkham - how about popping over to "derelict places" forum, finding an abandoned mental institution or abandoned run-down hospital and doing some shots (you'll probably have to trespass.... Im not condoning that of course). Possibly some kind of multiplicity. I can see it now - Harleen looking frightened into a corner of some hospital room with Harley quinn throwing a Joker card "at the viewer". You'll have to do some PP but I think it would make an immense photograph. Just throwing an idea around.

Cheers dude good ideas. My wife who is Harley isn't familiar with Harley so will be watching lots tonight and tomorrow to get her more into character and then to go take some more photos. I just wanted to share where I was

I do a fair bit of cosplay photography and this looks pretty good to me if it were one from a set which then went on to explore the character a bit more. My main critique is that Harley is a lot about the character (crazy/insane/damaged) and that's not really coming across in the photo but that's more a character research thing that a technical thing.

I do a fair bit of cosplay photography and this looks pretty good to me if it were one from a set which then went on to explore the character a bit more. My main critique is that Harley is a lot about the character (crazy/insane/damaged) and that's not really coming across in the photo but that's more a character research thing that a technical thing.
Agree dude, that's why I'm making her watch it. I'll have a look at some of your work and get some ideas.

Agree dude, that's why I'm making her watch it. I'll have a look at some of your work and get some ideas.

I wouldn't say I'm the best to look at for inspiration but a few that I would recommend checking out include the following :

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.384702171713848.1073741845.250356118481788&type=3
https://www.facebook.com/in2thereview/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

There are probably others that I'll think of but as someone said above, there are a few very good photographers and then a lot of people who just about know how to hold a camera.

Back