Test with Laowa 15mm F2 (Z mount)

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Went out Sunday evening to try the Venus Optics - Laowa 15mm f/2 Zero-D (Z-mount) on the Nikon Z7. First impressions are quite good although the corners aren't the sharpest in all honesty. I did also find the focus quite hard to hit. (single shot at F2)

I have since learned that this is the pre-production version of this lens, I'm hoping to receive the production model at some stage.

Test by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

it really helps with the coma when stopped down to f2.8. I have this lens and while its sharp enough wide open the coma correction isn't good for astro stuff which makes it look soft.

Really nice mate, I'm in Cornwall from this weekend for a couple of weeks but will definitely make the drive across to shoot this one night whilst down that way.

We're supposed to be in cornwall next week but the weather's rubbish for this Friday.

Hope it gets better.

Cracking shot for a test Neil.

Really nice mate, I'm in Cornwall from this weekend for a couple of weeks but will definitely make the drive across to shoot this one night whilst down that way.
Give me a shout mate when you do.

it really helps with the coma when stopped down to f2.8. I have this lens and while its sharp enough wide open the coma correction isn't good for astro stuff which makes it look soft.
I did try this but the results were pretty much identical so I went with this one. It was just a first go though and hopefully, I'll get out again tomorrow night.

We're supposed to be in cornwall next week but the weather's rubbish for this Friday.

Hope it gets better.

Cracking shot for a test Neil.
Thanks Terry

That is just beautiful.

Back