Testing an Irix 15mm f2.4

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Decided to buy an Irix 15mm f2.4 UWA lens as an alternative to my long lens wildlife photography! :)
Went along to the Bristol Harbourside to give it a quick unscientific test handheld on my Nikon D850.
I have been feeling 'stale' with my wildlife photography recently and using this lens was quite liberating.
I have since purchased a CPL and ND 10-stop filters so look forward to getting back to doing some 'landscape-type' photography in the future, maybe brush off the cobwebs.
No claims to quality of the photos, processing or the composition but I was interested to see how well the lens performed as a rectilinear and I think it performed very well.

1. The Narrowboat.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

2. The Skyline.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

3. The Track.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

4. The Flats.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

5. The Redhead.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

6. The Volunteer.

Testing Irix 15mm f2.4
by Roger, on Flickr

lovely shots roger
the wide lens will be a hell of a lot lighter than you normal long zooms

lovely shots roger
the wide lens will be a hell of a lot lighter than you normal long zooms
Thanks holty, yes the 150-600 Sport particularly is a weighty implement ... just discovered it will shortly be on its way to Italy. :)

Nice variety of shots there Roger - all showing the Irix lens to be very capable in your hands! :)
Thanks Russ, I do like the lens a lot. :)
- do tell us the back story!
I loved my Nikon 500 f4 but it became too heavy for me and (unknown at the time I was heading for another heart attack) I decided to sell it ... it cost me less than £200 for 3 years use, which was very good and so I bought the Nikon 200-500 f5.6 to replace its focal length.
I like the 200-500 but, as with most wildlife togs, wanted more reach so bought the Sigma, it was silly really as there was little weight difference between it and the 500 f4 I sold ... I have enjoyed using it but can't be carrying that weight around any more, so used a £1 special to put it on eBay.
It was bought this evening via the Global Shipping Programme by a long-standing eBayer in Italy, doubtless benefiting from the current exchange rate.

Back