Testing at Croft

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Managed a few hours at Croft Circuit during a Javelin Track day last week. Not a huge amount of interesting stuff on track, but there was a few racing teams out completing some testing for return visits later this year. It was just nice to get out and blow the cobwebs off some of my own technique prior to the season starting proper for me next weekend.

Here's a few shots.

#1 VW FunCup
VW FunCup by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#2 MAX5 MX5
Max5 Racing by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#3 VW FunCup (again)

#4 NSSCC BMW
BMW by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#5 Ginetta Junior
Ginetta Junior by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

#6 VW FunCup (last one :LOL:)

All taken either over, under or through Croft's fencing from the public spectator areas using a Canon 1D mk IV, and either a Canon 400mm f5.6L or 70-200mm f4L.

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Simon.

Nice. Especially the beetle in No.3, I NEED one of these :)

Thanks :). The ‘beetle’ is actually hiding a space framed race car powered (I think) by some sort of Audi engine. They certainly look an awful lot of fun!

VW FunCup as Simon says its a silhoutte body on a space frame chassis. Engines are VAG - 1800cc and 130bhp - no tuning allowed. Sequential gearbox though. All the cars are to identical spec, so racing is close and comparatively cheap for endurance racing.

Great shots as always Simon, some really nice panning skills on show here.

Nice set, I like number 5 the most

Some cracking shots you have got Simon, the first one looks like it's a toy car :) but after reading the comments I see it is quite the little mover.

That first shot is brilliant, in what is a really good set.

Thanks Gary. As it was a test day, there wasn't much to put in the background of a panned shot in the usual places, so I had to go looking. I'm not sure I've seen this angle at Croft before, although I'm 100% sure it isn't original.

Excellent panning. I'll have to get myself to Croft one day as its only about 20 mins away.

Thanks Jason. Croft is a great day out even if you're not a fully committed petrol head. There's always loads of interesting stuff to photograph both on and off the track.

Cheers,

Simon.

Back