Testing my new 60mm Fuji macro on my little lady

Hi Stu. Just had a look through your Flickr stream. I am not a photographer and as a laymen I'm not that keen on even attending weddings. That said you have some fab wedding images on there really like some of the set ups and use of light :) I like how you have pools of light on the couple.
I'm pretty sure you know the above photo is fab but I will agree with you too !

Gaz

That's what I was thinking , I nearly bought the 56mn then after a lot of googling there was not enough of a difference plus the 60mm allows you to get in really close . I had the 60mm before with an xpro1 and it's focus was slow but on the xt10 and xe2 it's more than fast enough

The 56 is a fantastic lens.. one of the best I've ever owned.. but the price difference is significant.. my XT1 & 56mm are long gone.. but wouldn't mind picking up a used 60mm for the XT-10 I have..

That's what I was thinking , I nearly bought the 56mn then after a lot of googling there was not enough of a difference plus the 60mm allows you to get in really close . I had the 60mm before with an xpro1 and it's focus was slow but on the xt10 and xe2 it's more than fast enough

I'd like to reiterate what Cargo said, having looked at your Flickr stream, some amazing shots there and very creative. Love the B&W shots of the young girl (daughter?) they have such depth and give the viewer so much to contemplate. Brilliant!

I'd like to reiterate what Cargo said, having looked at your Flickr stream, some amazing shots there and very creative. Love the B&W shots of the young girl (daughter?) they have such depth and give the viewer so much to contemplate. Brilliant!
Thanks very much, Yes thats the same daughter, there are a couple on my flickr that also involve my 4 year old girl aswell as she didnt want to miss out on the action :)

As said before, lovely shot you have posted but some of the stuff on your Flickr are stunning. Out of interest how much of it is available light and how much is off camera flash?

Thats a very nice portrait
Had a look through flickr after seeing the comments above, well worth a visit

Oh agree, just been on your flickr, man your good! Im am not into weddings at all but those are GREAT! Very inspiring stuff!

p.s having now seen those I feel I am not worthy to have commented on the shot lol

Last edited:
As said before, lovely shot you have posted but some of the stuff on your Flickr are stunning. Out of interest how much of it is available light and how much is off camera flash?
Thanks very much , I'm on the phone at the minute so without adding it up it say around 50/50 with regards to lighting

Wowsers that is very sharp.

Lovely portrait.

For me I think the bottom half of her face is a smidge too bright. Was there a reflector used?

S
Nothing used , just natural light standing at the back door of the house

Thanks again everyone , I do quite a few weddings (canon) but the little Fujis are starting to make more of an appearance at them :)

This is a super image!
I remember reading a Damian Lovegrove blog post where he said he preferred the 60mm over the 56 in the studio because he found it sharper.
Indeed, Did a workshop with him and he said he preferred the bokeh form the 60mm aswell, I think the only thing that lets it down is the focus speed but its more than enough for me

Seriously clear and sharp shot. Nice. The 60mm macro I've read about a lot on here as an alternative to the 56. Did you consider cropping in nearer to her chin?

Seriously clear and sharp shot. Nice. The 60mm macro I've read about a lot on here as an alternative to the 56. Did you consider cropping in nearer to her chin?
To be honest I hadnt considered doing anything with it really as it was a test shot for the lens but now that you say that a square crop may work?

Back