Testing My 'Reflexes' --

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
at 83 my Wife says I'm too OLD to Drive but I know I still have all my 'faculties and reflexes' SO FAR -- I was over King George's Field BRENTWOOD and heard a soccer match on Sunday so as i used to do sports for all the local newspapers thought I would take a few snaps for Old Times Sake and to Test My Reflexes --- I had my 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 5 + Minolta AF Zoom 70-210mm f3.5-4.5 . Usually I used to use 'experience' but now having and 'All-Singing-All-Dancing camera with 'MODES' thought I would set 'Sports Mode' so I got 'Follow-focus and a fast Speed !
I took a few then game ended so NO GOALS --- FILM was 09/2004 dated FUJI SUPERIA 400 rated 200 ASA and home-processed in C41
2020-09-22-0011.jpg2020-09-22-0012.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see film still being used for action shots, Pete. I routinely rattle off the equivalent of 6-8 rolls in a typical match, totally unstainable costwise.

When I started doing Press Work in about 1968 I would turn up to cover Billericay Town Football with my Asahi Pentax S3 and ONE extra lens 105mm f2.8 Takumar and there used to be 2 Old -Timers there shooting with ROLLEIFLEXES --- I was the 'New Kid on The Block' shooting 35mm !

It’s a bit expensive to photograph sports with film, even 3 frames per second can be fast.

Take no notice of what your wife say's (if you dare) I will be 87 next week and I am still driving "fast" cars LOL.

Back