Testing testing.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get a couple of shots in today with the D750. Messing around with settings like one does and seeing what works and what don`t.I am not too bothered about composition at this moment,not that I ever was :D but happy to take on any crit.It was to be expected I suppose but I find PP with NEF files a diferent ball game to Canon`s RAW.

bt_zps6r4xpmox.jpg

Last edited:
Last one.

006_zpslsabpc1i.jpg

Last edited:
Stop farting about with RAW and shoot jpeg.

bg cloning is obvious on GF and BT, Rich ......... colours seem to lack you usual sparkle ... not sure what you have done to the end of the branch on the GF image

are the "standard" Nikon colours different from Canon's .................... are you using the same presets?

selective adjustments on the GT look over sharpened, blacks also look off

all three images are going in the right directions and it looks as if the D750 and 300mm f4 are working for you

if you shoot jpeg alongside the RAW you can compare the two images and process the RAW to "look like" the jpeg as a starter ..... just to see what is happening

Last edited:
bg cloning is obvious on GF and BT, Rich ......... colours seem to lack you usual sparkle ... not sure what you have done to the end of the branch on the GF image

are the "standard" Nikon colours different from Canon's .................... are you using the same presets?

selective adjustments on the GT look over sharpened, blacks also look off

all three images are going in the right directions and it looks as if the D750 and 300mm f4 are working for you

if you shoot jpeg alongside the RAW you can compare the two images and process the RAW to "look like" the jpeg as a starter ..... just to see what is happening

Not done any cloning Bill on the BG`s. A case of what I mentioned about Robin`s pic the other day,not taking notice of what was going on whilst editing the image. Iguess the colours are slightly diferent to Canons or at least picture styles are.Like I say these are all expertimental as such, these are my first shots with it so plenty of options to change things to how I want them.

Rich my monitor is not calibrated, the blue and great tits look very dark too me almost like a grey filter across them making them look very flat, hope you dont mind I did download and had a quick play with levels right slider down to around 219 which brightened the up imo, of course big problem is going too far and blowing the whites
Gold finch looks better to me but slightly not as dark/flat

Rich my monitor is not calibrated, the blue and great tits look very dark too me almost like a grey filter across them making them look very flat, hope you dont mind I did download and had a quick play with levels right slider down to around 219 which brightened the up imo, of course big problem is going too far and blowing the whites
Gold finch looks better to me but slightly not as dark/flat

I got no problems with any alterations or advice Bob (y) thanks for taking time to comment.

The first two for me also have a grey tint, more so the GT, whites look very grey on my monitor as if the bird is dirty. We have the same Dell I think rich???

The GF looks excellent. The whites look white, unlike the GT.

Managed to get a couple of shots in today with the D750. Messing around with settings like one does and seeing what works and what don`t.I am not too bothered about composition at this moment,not that I ever was :D but happy to take on any crit.It was to be expected I suppose but I find PP with NEF files a diferent ball game to Canon`s RAW.

bt_zps6r4xpmox.jpg

Just a bit underexposed - Check your levels

View attachment 33929

Just a bit underexposed - Check your levels

View attachment 33929
Cheers Mike, I was underexposing on purpose and I did a few overexposed also.The problem was, that no matter which metering I used and even by underexposing,highlights were blowing right out, and it seemed I could not even claw them back in PP.I managed to get a couple of shots of a Song Thrush picking the berries off the ivy this morning and used various settings.Despite the foilage of the tree and everything else looking good,again the highlights were well blown,and that was in a fairly balanced light.

Cheers Mike, I was underexposing on purpose and I did a few overexposed also.The problem was, that no matter which metering I used and even by underexposing,highlights were blowing right out, and it seemed I could not even claw them back in PP.I managed to get a couple of shots of a Song Thrush picking the berries off the ivy this morning and used various settings.Despite the foilage of the tree and everything else looking good,again the highlights were well blown,and that was in a fairly balanced light.

What settings were you using Rich, especially the metering, put up the Exif of the offending images.

Although they are coming into the breeding season, looking at my images of BT's, the yellow seems over saturated

What settings were you using Rich, especially the metering, put up the Exif of the offending images.

They have been binned now Mark :D As I was saying to Martyn... earlier,its just a bit of a trial run for me at the moment getting to know the camera.I did use various metering and various adjustments.The thing was with the 7D I knew under certain lighting conditions how far I could get away with going under or over by a stop or two, I also had custom picture style setting which I found worked in my favour.Just need to learn it all again.Hoping to get a few more shots tomorrow so I will see how it goes then.

Had to be done I suppose :confused: I will keep adding the odd pic or three in here as I am really looking for any thoughts on how the images are looking with regards to PP more than anything else.

036_zpszdbnpys9.jpg

Really good detail and sharpness, Rich

maybe colours just a little flat, not much...... maybe not a they are natural in that (presumably) available light?

red could be lifted a little?

Back