Critique Tewet tarn cold morning mono

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is a shot I have been trying get processed for about 2 weeks I think I have a decent version of it now.

It was pretty dull and the breaks in the cloud just did not line up for me. The only sunlit part of this shot is a small patch of cloud.

Tewet cold morning mono by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?
Ps asking to see the colour version to see if you prefer it is not going to get an answer from me

Last edited:
I like it generally, but it's a shame that the top of the mountain blends into the cloud. It *feels* like the colour version would be stronger, but I won't ask to see it. ;)

I like it generally, but it's a shame that the top of the mountain blends into the cloud. It *feels* like the colour version would be stronger, but I won't ask to see it. ;)
Thanks Toni
After a comment elsewhere I reckon it needs a chunk cropped from the left.
I didn't put my wellies on couldn't move as far to the right as I would have liked.

Thanks Toni
After a comment elsewhere I reckon it needs a chunk cropped from the left.
I didn't put my wellies on couldn't move as far to the right as I would have liked.

You could crop LHS, but I think it will just lose its balance. I'd be more inclined to take 10% or so off the bottom.

Thanks Toni for the comments the scruffy snow/grass area on the left was bugging me and suggestion have led me to this

I wish I had worn my wellies as I would jhave moved much further right and avoided so much of the grass/snow

Tewet tarn cold morning mono 2 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice. I like both edits, the first might edge it due to being able to see the whole mountain, but I could look again later and change my mind. You made the most of the conditions.

prefer the second, it brings the cloud into the scene and better to play until you get it how you want it

Back