Tewet tarn sunrise with added shots

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I went to Tewet tarn this morning and happily I was on my own for about 3 hours up there I don't think I got the forecast 1mph winds but it was OK Bassenthwaite was really choppy when I drove past and there was more cloud than I expected.

Here is what I got at about sunrise but well before the sun lit anything up near me

Tewet tarn sunrise by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely colours Alf, fading from the darker purple/blue to the lighter pinks. The tree attracts my eye quite a lot. Perfect reflections.

Lovely colours Alf, fading from the darker purple/blue to the lighter pinks. The tree attracts my eye quite a lot. Perfect reflections.

Thanks Chris
Not all agree the reflection is perfect

Gorgeous - the clouds have really helped.

Thanks John
The clouds did help

That distant ripple :( so close yet so far....

Otherwise very nice.

Thanks Steve

Nice shot Alf - a place I know well :)

Les

Thanks Les
It appears that was my first visit this year

What's that narrow light patch above Blencathra ? It isn't in the reflection. Strange.

What's that narrow light patch above Blencathra ? It isn't in the reflection. Strange.

That has been sorted now but it was a bit where the level selection feathering had gone wrong in PS I am waiting for a new motherboard and processor etc to update my PC it is struggling with 80mp files
Now sorted (but the cache on here may still show it)

Lovely sunrise colours Alf, at a lovely spot in the Lakes :)

Russ

Thanks Russ

Last edited:
Nice one Alf ;)

Lovely colours and composition in this. There's just something a bit off and jarring about that tree though. It's got a kind of artifact / OOF thing going on.

Nice one Alf ;)

Thanks Jak

Lovely colours and composition in this. There's just something a bit off and jarring about that tree though. It's got a kind of artifact / OOF thing going on.

Thanks Joel
I will look at that when I am back at the PC It will be due to the sensor shift Hi res mode used for this frame I am sure I did a non Hi res shot

Very nice :)

Thanks Dave

Gorgeous photos Alf, I really love the pastel colours in the first one!

Thanks Stuart
I arrived in good time for a change for the first one

Back