Thames and Shard shots

I do like the 1st one, I think the processing helps to make it a more relaxing image.

Lovely mate, so much to photograph in a great city

Very true. And sometimes it is easy to ignore the less obvious bits. I was walking to work yesterday and passed the bit of scrubby grass at the end of the local housing estate. 99 times out of a hundred I wouldn't have given it another glance but the trees were holding the morning fog in place and the sunlight was starting to stream through. I only had my phone handy but even so it made a nice shot. But it is handy to work within five minutes of the river with all its subjects.

Really nice Ian, especially the 1st one in colour!

If I find ten minutes this weekend I'm printing that one to be framed for my office. I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing bugging me is that I had a polariser on and the sun was coming from camera right so the left side of the sky is a bit too dark and the colour inconsistent across the sky. I've a more desaturated version that might look better printed.

Excellent set, they look quite futuristic (y)

If I find ten minutes this weekend I'm printing that one to be framed for my office. I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing bugging me is that I had a polariser on and the sun was coming from camera right so the left side of the sky is a bit too dark and the colour inconsistent across the sky. I've a more desaturated version that might look better printed.

TBH, of the 3 similar shots, I prefer #2 as a colour version and the B&W version of the first. But it's not me you're trying to please or doing a print for!

Lovely set. I think I prefer the colour one of the 1st image. The 2nd I like, with the rope going into the image, but the bit of whatever coming into the shot on the right where the rope meets the wood annoys me. What shutter speeds did you use to smooth the Thames?

Back