Thames barrier at sunset, Canary wharf - first timer

2 very nice shots, number 2 for me is the best of the 3 good use of the "blue hour"

All 3 are good shots Neil, but I think the first one really stands out for both the light and the placing of the Canary Wharf buildings between the 2 sections of barrier.

Some good shots Neil, but the first one is very nice indeed.(y)

George.

Yeah, I know what you mean re the sun in 3.
Thanks for your comments - will be heading into town again Thursday....

Another vote for No. 1. Lovely scene well captured. Personally, I like the low sun poking through. Did you stay the extra 30 mins or so and see if the set sun warmed those whispy clouds to a lovely pinky tinge?

Great shots Neil, all 3 are superbe (y)

Great shots, you've sure made the Thames look prettier than it is! :p

The first is probably my favourite

1st two. I might have waited a bit more with one until the sun was below the horizon. The colours post sunset here would be immense.

Hi Steve.
Actually the sun that evening was rather hazy with no colour offerings post setting unfortunately.

Reactions: ST4
Another vote for No. 1. Lovely scene well captured. Personally, I like the low sun poking through. Did you stay the extra 30 mins or so and see if the set sun warmed those whispy clouds to a lovely pinky tinge?

Hi Rich.
No I didn't stay. Headed off for a few shots of Canary Wharf.......was against time as the Hotel I was staying at finished serving grub at 10!

All 3 are great Neil - #3s sun is a tad too bright for me but I am nit picking to be honest

It's a pretty clean edge around the barrier so shouldn't be too difficult to get a good cut

Back