That Church!

Edit My Images
Yes
One or two people have asked what the photo used for my comp entry looked like before it was butchered, so here it is... :)

church1.jpg

The original was taken on Agfa slide film in Grindavik, Iceland, in August 1986.

its different from what i thought it would be, 1986???!?!?!:!:!

EosD said:

I agree and as to the date, we had several out of date entries for this round (yes I did check) but I am sure that people will start to submit more pictures that have been taken specifically for each round rather than re-cycling old work.

EosD said:

Oddly, I'd sort of expected it to be northern european, as my mum visits a lot and she's come back with pics very similar. IMHO I'm not sure the post processing did it any favours... I prefer the original.

That said, could I do better? no.... :eek:ops:

Damned if I don't think the original version is great too. What a fantastic little building.

Steve said:
EosD said:

I agree and as to the date, we had several out of date entries for this round (yes I did check) but I am sure that people will start to submit more pictures that have been taken specifically for each round rather than re-cycling old work.
So no good submitting this for the next round then? :p Yes, I'm sorry it was an old photo, and my only defence is that the processing was new. :)

Thanks for the comments. :) Iceland is very photogenic if it's not raining, and this is a fairly typical style of small church. You wouldn't think that something so attractive could be made from corrugated metal sheets!

Back