Thats low.

Name
Bri
Edit My Images
No
heard the noise and got this after running in to get the camera.

3473971392_9081d8c113_o.jpg

Looks like he's about to land on your roof.

Yeah... kind of lower than you'd normally expect it to be. I'd guess it was pretty loud too?

Its so low its glowing!

Great picture, the FG captures the height really well but the sharpening halo's destroy the image for me.

If thats next doors new transport, is going to be a right pain when they leave for work in the morrnings. :LOL: :D

Just waiting to see if Mr T starts firing Snickers out the side.:LOL:
Quick thinking, great capture.
Dean:)

is it only me, that think's something's wrong with this picture?

the chopper's look's really out of proportion compared to the roof :thinking:

i think it's the editing playing with my eye's... i dunno :shrug:

I think that the proportions are correct, but Ste you are right - something looks wrong, and it is probably the fixed blades and the haloing around the aircraft and houses as the image was brightened.

Cheesy

bizarre photo

the tail looks to be in front of the chimney, which along with the halo is throwing the perspective out for me.

i bet it was loud :)

Wow, only posted for a bit of fun…………so thanks for your interest.
Well I should be at Thruxton right now, that's the last time I buy an advanced ticket, waste of £22......had a bit of a rough night, still I get to see the GP and I'm watching BTC on the box.

To make the chopper even lower I can tell you that the roof tops belong to bungalows.
To fill you in with more information, this chopper and crew ( I think from
H M S Heron Royal Naval Air Station, Yeovilton, Yeovil, ) had been on a recruiting exercise at the local comp.
Behind the bungalows are the school playing fields, this was just after take off and that’s why the crew are waving in the doorway:wave:

I am across the road from this, standing in my garden, I heard the chopper start, ran in and grabbed the :nikon: I had the 70-200 fitted and I have downloaded the orig to get the cam information. I did think this might of been the police/air ambulance. Quite surprised to see this.
File: DSC_3582.jpg…..date 2008/05/13 13:51:27.0…….size 4288 x 2432
Device Nikon D300 focal length 120mm @ F8 1/800s multi pattern meter mode.
I re sized to 800 with PS and then done a quick sharpen, up-loaded to flickr and then to here. This is as original as it gets.

This is the untouched orig, downsized to 800

3475326311_5893fabd92_o.jpg

Yes it was very loud and I'm glad I was around to get it.:)

bizarre photo

the tail looks to be in front of the chimney, which along with the halo is throwing the perspective out for me.

i bet it was loud :)

I can asure you Andrew the chopper is behind the chimmo, I would guess the distance would of been 30 feet at least.

I was going through this thread thinking it was a Photoshop jobby because the rear looked to be in front of the chimney and because of the white glow around the 'chopper. Alas, such is not the case. Superb capture.

I can asure you Andrew the chopper is behind the chimmo, I would guess the distance would of been 30 feet at least.

the original is much better Retired :)

the chimney / tail positioning is just one of those things, i am king of the lamp post out of the top of the head photo :bonk:

think it was the same for me, as it's soo close to the chimney, it look's like it's right about the house and sort of messing up the perspective...
Now knowing it was about 30 feet away make's it better..

the original photo's is soooo much better, thanks for posting :clap:

Where they fixing the chimney flashing ?? :eek:

YOU must be psychic (y) unless you know me and know where I live! :wave: the bungalow was empty when the chopper went over and the new neighbours have replaced the flashing, new/used pots and a digital aerial put on since they moved in. :LOL:

3475721431_7a4f102b8a_o.jpg

Back