The 52 Weeks of Daysleeping 2020 (Week 20: SOMETHING OLD & Week 22: HOUSEHOLD ITEM)

I'm rubbish at this. I have no idea why a face and a butterfly depicts your book - can you explain please? Technique is spot on though.
The killer wants to change his identity/gender he puts the Moth in his victims mouths to signify this.

Excellent photograph Fi very impressive.

So that is high key, nice effect. Knew the book straight away. (y)

Thank you - it is my understanding of high key. Hopefully correct!

I'm rubbish at this. I have no idea why a face and a butterfly depicts your book - can you explain please? Technique is spot on though.

What Baloo said v v

The killer wants to change his identity/gender he puts the Moth in his victims mouths to signify this.

Excellent photograph Fi very impressive.

Thanks for adding the explanation - and thank you for your comment, appreciated :)

Great photo and spot on for the technique - very nicely done.

Thank you - always good to get the technique in early!

Broken and Ability - you have captured the feel you wanted in all your shots and I agree with your choices.
Book - recognised it straight away although I have not read it.

Great image for book, Fi.
And finally someone understands "High Key" (y)

Broken and Ability - you have captured the feel you wanted in all your shots and I agree with your choices.
Book - recognised it straight away although I have not read it.

Thank you - I did debate if using imagery from the movie is cheating a bit, but I figure it does the job even if - like you - people were not familiar with the book itself.

Very nicely done, Fi and perfect for the Technique too.

Perfect. No other words really.
:clap:

An interesting take on the subject and great for technique.

Thanks very much all - discovered lighting for high key is a tad tricky! Good to try something new and end up with something that resembled what I was aiming for.

Great image for book, Fi.
And finally someone understands "High Key" (y)

I do my best ;)

Actually quite like the technique - might try to incorporate it into Winter too which I really should be trying to shoot now rather than writing this comment.

Super shot, and certainly high key! Nicely done.

Oops, missed your week 9 shot.
That is also excellent, can't fault it.

Thanks Tim - you didn't miss it, I had a placeholder and added it late because I'm a bit rubbish at keeping up!

Nice take on Book!

Where did you find a Death's Head Moth?

Nice take on Book!

Where did you find a Death's Head Moth?

I printed a black and white image of one, cut it out, stuck a bit of paper on the back and used that to hold it in my mouth while using the remote release to take the shot.

Last 2 pictures are both very good and ace high key ones at that.

Like Joan would not have guessed the book, must be too high brow for me.

Pete

Really like the snowdrops - white flowers on a white background sounds very challenging!

I didn't know the book, but think your image is worthy of being on the cover, and definitely high key.

Last 2 pictures are both very good and ace high key ones at that.

Like Joan would not have guessed the book, must be too high brow for me.

Pete

Really like the snowdrops - white flowers on a white background sounds very challenging!

I didn't know the book, but think your image is worthy of being on the cover, and definitely high key.

Thank you both - appreciate you stopping by to comment :)

I've also realised I've never actually named the book - it is Silence of the Lambs

Week 11 brings us another shot from the Wirels. Not sure how he got himself in this situation but he seems to have sorted some transport to get himself (and Wilson) home again. I'm sure it'll be fine...

Theme: Transport
Title: "Castaway"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 35mm

Week 11_Transport by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

The rejects... I like the reflection but it also makes it more obvious that I do not own a tiny volleyball and had to improvise with what I had.

Transport_4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Transport_5 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Its good to see the Wirels are going strong Fi
I quite like #2 also, due to the reflection.

I really like this, great use of props, well composed and lit and great for the theme. Great job!

Just catching up Fi. What beautiful images!
Wild - very creative. I like the fact that you have given your images titles. I think my preference is for the mono image but I tend to favour mono images generally.
Broken - Another excellent creative image. All are very good. I like the processing that you have chosen.
Ability - Same as above. Brilliant :clap:
Winter - Nice shot and on theme. Very clean image.
Book - Got that one. Another great image. Very well processed.
Transport - Very well thought out. I think No.2 with the reflection is the one for me.

Enjoying the Wirels. I like #2 reflection but overall the ripples in #1 add a bit more drama to the story.

Nicely done - I like them all :)

Back