The 52 Weeks of Daysleeping 2020 (Week 20: SOMETHING OLD & Week 22: HOUSEHOLD ITEM)

Thank you all so much for your comments re the last set - I do enjoy a bit of macro bugging and thank goodness it is something I can still do in the lockdown.

Aaaaand the Wirels are back for week 16.

I was uninspired by the first initial of my actual name so D (Daysleeper40) is for Dancer...

Theme: Snappers Choice #2
Title: "En Pointe"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 35mm / Nikon SB600

Week 16_Initial (D) by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

The rest of the shoot involved some partnering...

Dance_6 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Dance_5 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Dance_4 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Dance_3 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Dance_2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Nice set Fi, #1 for me,plain and simple. Sometimes less is more.

Good choice of the solo dancer, the other seems a bit cluttered in comparison.
I thought I would be tempted to crush the blacks a bit, to give it more punch, but on trying it, no, your processing works better.
Nice set Fi, #1 for me,plain and simple. Sometimes less is more.

Thanks both - agree on the less is sometimes more front... but I will say propping up one Wirel ballerina is significantly more challenging than having one support the other.

Hi Fi,
Wonderful set of macro insect shots. So much detail in those. You must have incredible patience (or very helpful bugs!).
Equally excellent set for your initial images. Very creative and well processed. :clap:

What a lovely set Fi. I think the first is the best , as others have said, for it's simplicity but I really like number five too. The pose is great.

I really like your first shot for snappers choice, the main subject pops nicely from the clean background.

Thanks all for your comments on the dancers - much appreciated.

Not very inspired by week 17's theme so this might be a bit of a crowbar - but from the garden safari:

Theme: More than one
Title: "Legs, eyeballs, knees & toes.... knees & toes"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Tamron 90mm / Nikon SB600

Week 17_More Than One by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Definitely more than one of many things in that shot so not a shoe horn for me! Focus on the eyes is spot on - and the very thin DoF makes them more prominent. Nicely shot.

Playing catch up this weekend - and of course the Wirels are back for week 18... with another new skill

Theme: Music
Title: "All that jazz"

Week 18_Music by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Not at all sure I've picked the right one and nor am I entirely happy with the processing on any of them so here are the others...

Music_13 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Music_11a by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Music_12 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Music_15 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Music_20200502_145416 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Very clever Fi.
Last one for me.

Fab set - No1 my fave :)

I like the first the best and would have cropped very slightly into the top, just to take a little bit of that spotlight effect out. Love the modelling again.

Thank you all for your comments - and apologies for anyone who is bored of them but the Wirels are back for week 14. I know - I'm as shocked as you are ;)

Luckily the Wirel-Park is not impacted by the lockdown so play time is still on...

Theme: Time
Title: "Play Time"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 35mm

Week 14_Time by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Hi Fi, I love the way your characters are evolving :) this is a brilliant little shot.

I like no. 1 best as it replicates how stage lights look. These are so clever. Do you make them especially for each theme?

I love the dancers too, and your title for your more than one is inspired :) and a great close up.

Thanks so much again everyone for taking the time to comment - really appreciate the feedback :)

I'm so behind so for Week 19 I am posting a semi-archive shot. I say semi-archive as I did use the list to get the theme and I did take the shot this year ... but just not in the right week! Anyhow, I am sure no one is suprised to see a Wirel again. They have many hobbies it seems!

Theme: Colour
Title: "Mindfulness"

Week 19_Colour by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

I'm glad to see the wirels are still gainfully employed Fi.
Clever image well thought out.

Colourful
I think maybe a couple colouring pencils would have been appropriate, but they might have also made it look a bit cluttered.
All that said, another good shot.

Lovely shot - and well done for colouring between the lines! There is a reason I take photographs...

The set up of your Wirel shots is great - nice little (not so little more) project!

I'm glad to see the wirels are still gainfully employed Fi.
Clever image well thought out.

Thank you :)

Colourful
I think maybe a couple colouring pencils would have been appropriate, but they might have also made it look a bit cluttered.
All that said, another good shot.

You're right - a couple of crayons in the other colours would have been great. Maybe I'll re-shoot it at some point. Thanks for the idea :)

Lovely shot - and well done for colouring between the lines! There is a reason I take photographs...

The set up of your Wirel shots is great - nice little (not so little more) project!

Thank you - I think it could be quite a long lived project!

I just have to smile every time I see your shot, it's fun to see what your wiry mates are up to.
Nice clean shot. I'm thinking quite soft light given the lack of shadows from the Wirel.

I love that these are making at least one person smile :D

If I remember correctly it was a heavily diffused flashgun directly above.

Back