The 52 Weeks of Daysleeping 2020 (Week 20: SOMETHING OLD & Week 22: HOUSEHOLD ITEM)

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Ten years have passed since I last attempted (and completed) a Talk Photography 52. I think that might be long enough of a break to have another try. Time will tell!

I have no rules for myself other than to try to enjoy the process. In the spirit of this, week 1 has a 'creative' tone / interpretation as I thought I'd enjoy that more than traipsing around our locality trying to find something of interest. And I did :)

Week 1 Theme: LOCAL
Title: "When in Rome"
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 30mm f/1.8

Week 1_Local by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Clever take on the theme (maybe a shoehorn ;) ). Nicely lit and composed.

As others have said interesting start Fi. (y)

Local is a cool fun shot Fi, I like it too with the wire people and table and chairs laid out for them.
Well that's a different take on the theme. Very clever Fi
Excellent to see a shot using lateral thinking for the theme :)
Nicely put together and well lit. I can see your images for the 52 are going to be well worth watching (y)
Clever take on the theme (maybe a shoehorn ;) ). Nicely lit and composed.
Interesting take on the theme. Time well spent for a good result. :clap:
As others have said interesting start Fi. (y)
Really like this shot!

Thanks all - appreciate you all taking the time to comment :)

That's a great little tableau, Fi, and such an unusual take on the theme. It's well worth zooming in on Flickr to see the details and the thought that has gone into it - well done :clap:

Thanks Andrea - I enjoy setting stuff like this up so glad you liked the details.

Nice take on the theme, and nicely shot too, well done :)

What a creative start to your year. Very nice.
PS. Just a wee note that you should only post your link and image on the official thread, not any other comments like camera etc.

Hi Fi

Took me a while to see the Titles on the books, must have taken some effort to get it setup, all nicely lit and very clever.

Pete

Wonderfully creative Fi!:clap:

Not only is it masterfully exposed and composed, it's also fun and interesting!
Great start to your 52 challenge, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your images through the coming weeks and months!(y)

Thank you all for commenting on Week 1 - much appreciated.

I'll admit to being a bit stumped on the week 2 theme so I have just gone with the shot I have taken this week that has given me the most pleasure. Amur leopard cub - first time seeing them at Colchester and given the grim weather I was delighted to get any shots at all!

Week 1 Theme: Pleasure(able)
Title: Fuzzy Feline
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Sigma 150-600mm

Week 2_Pleasure by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Cute cub Fi, well spotted ( :coat: ) and captured

Lovely image Fi as Dominic says just the right amount of the cubs environment is shown nice catch lights too.

There are a few big cats in the 52 so I think they give many of us pleasure.

This is lovely. Very natural setting and a cute youngster, nicely placed and framed by the vegetation. Those claws though :jawdrop:

Cracking shot, the weather we have had in the last week has not been particularly kind to any of us. I also have the Sigma 150-600 and it is a cracking lens for not being in an animals face but actually getting close enough to get the expression on its face.

Very cute big kitten. Nicely shot with an unmessy background. Good judgement or just sheer luck? Really nice pose as well with its claws out on one paw.

Fab kitty :)

Nicely shot with an unmessy background. Good judgement or just sheer luck?

Thank you all for the comments - particularly regarding the background. Colchester are running a £10 offer in Jan and the place was HEAVING. Took a good amount of time to work towards a good vantage point for the background I wanted - and then a good amount of effort to defend the position :LOL:

Anyhow... onto week 3. Another 'creative' effort from me this week. My only wish is that we'd had some English Mustard that I could have put down a splat of. Ah well... not sure Lego men actually do bleed anyway.

Theme: Tool
Title: Hammered
Kit: Nikon D7000 / Nikon 30mm f/1.8

Week 3_Tool by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Very good. I like that you've used two lego figures, it makes a nice little triangle composition.

That's great Fi!:clap:
Love the creativity and the humour!
Great use of DoF too!

You just can't beat a nice, big hammer....or 'precision clearancing tool' as I believe they're sometimes referred to!:LOL:
Or maybe you can 'beat' a hammer...that's what they're for right?:facepalm:
Don't listen to me...I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time!:LOL:

Smashing image Fi!(y);)

Back