The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Ok decided to stick with the Sony but due to current finances it will be with the 70-200 and 28-70 kit lens for now as need to buy extra battery, charger and card. Should have kept hold of my mates ones but wasn’t really thinking at the time!!!

Ok decided to stick with the Sony but due to current finances it will be with the 70-200 and 28-70 kit lens for now as need to buy extra battery, charger and card. Should have kept hold of my mates ones but wasn’t really thinking at the time!!!

If you are interested I have a genuine Sony charger I bought for my a7iii, now that I have the a9 with charger too, I do no think I will need both.

Last edited:
I have one of those for my Panasonic batteries. It seems ok but I often have seating problems and have to fit and remove the batteries until it recognises them. Other than that it's cheap and does the job.

Have you had any seating problems with Sony batteries?

I have the same one, don't have any complaints.

I also have the official Sony charger too, the Sony does it faster, mainly because I am only using a 5V Amazon Fire TV adaptor to power the other one. I could use a more powerful PSU like the one for the iPad but the Amazon one is spare and does just fine, it's also perfect to take on travel too as it is USB powered. I keep it in my case because at a pinch I can charge it in the car or via a powerbank.

It’s ok. Charger situation sorted! Hoping the 28-70 is good enough to get me by whilst I save for upgrade!

I think it's a good variable aperture standard range kit lens.

I think it's had some mixed reviews but I have no real complaints. It's compact and light and hardly extends and is IMO ok throughout the frame. I got mine with my A7 but didn't bother with it for years but have recently taken it out a few times and I'm happy with it. TBH the kit lens and a wide aperture prime could cover most of what I want.

Anyone used this company before or better to stick with companies like Panamoz?

Not heard of them personally I would stick with Panamoz.

I distrust retail websites that hide their domain registration information.

The physical address they are using isn't real either it's a virtual office that is used by many different companies.

If you email Panamoz they will match the efininty price of £1629 and Panamoz offer a 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
Not heard of them personally I would stick with Panamoz.

I distrust retail websites that hide their domain registration information.

The physical address they are using isn't real either it's a virtual office that is used by many different companies.

If you email Panamoz they will match the efininty price of £1629 and Panamoz offer a 3 year warranty.

Does seem a bit odd! Was looking at some lenses on their for future purchase but not worth the risk!

I ordered my A7iii from panamoz and have no complaints, arrived within 4 days, ordered Friday morning, delivered Monday. :)

I have one of those for my Panasonic batteries. It seems ok but I often have seating problems and have to fit and remove the batteries until it recognises them. Other than that it's cheap and does the job.

Have you had any seating problems with Sony batteries?
No seating issues with mine. :)

Maybe just down to the shape of the panny batteries, it always works but just tskes care to make sure they're connected.

The more eI use my A7RIII the more I like it, I can get it with the 24-105 attached, a Loxia 21mm and/or a Laowa 15mm and a 200mm f4 Olympus Lens in a Photo Hatchback 22l for a fairly lightweight bag.

A few from a weekend in Snowdonia

Llyn Nantlle by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Llyn Ogwen by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Llyn Gwynant by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Thank you the resolution is nice for landscapes saying that I do wonder how much I will notice the difference unless I print big but it was the obivous choice for since the majority of stuff I do is landscapes.
That is it though, with the a7RIII you have the option to more easily print large if you want/need to.

I agree that it is a lovely set of images. :clap:

Thank you the resolution is nice for landscapes saying that I do wonder how much I will notice the difference unless I print big but it was the obivous choice for since the majority of stuff I do is landscapes.

For me, for weddings and events the a7iii was the choice, now that I have just bought an a9 and I do more studio work I think I could easily benefit from the extra resolution of the a7riii.

The more eI use my A7RIII the more I like it, I can get it with the 24-105 attached, a Loxia 21mm and/or a Laowa 15mm and a 200mm f4 Olympus Lens in a Photo Hatchback 22l for a fairly lightweight bag.

A few from a weekend in Snowdonia

Llyn Nantlle by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Llyn Ogwen by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Llyn Gwynant by Graham Norton, on Flickr

That top shot is awesome, the other two are good but the first is definitely a stand out shot!

That is it though, with the a7RIII you have the option to more easily print large if you want/need to.

I agree that it is a lovely set of images. :clap:

Thanks Ian I do like the extra resolution I missed when I went from the D810 to Fuji, its nice to have it back again.

For me, for weddings and events the a7iii was the choice, now that I have just bought an a9 and I do more studio work I think I could easily benefit from the extra resolution of the a7riii.

I do like mine never used the A7II so cant compare the EVF is very nice on the R though.

wonderful shots :clap:
do you print your work?

Thank you, I do I am in the process of filling 3 of the walls in what I call my office (a room with all my stuff in it). I do have a yearning to get a nice A3 printer for home whether I do enough for it to make sense is very debatable though.

Cheers Peter just right place at the right time for once, good to see up and about. How you finding the X-H1?
Yes Graham, getting there ok thank you, I've returned to work about 6wks now, full-time hours again so that's a huge medical hurdle I've jumped, I'm so very lucky, four of my medical mates on our leukemia ward I got to know so very well for over a year never pulled through, very very depressing/sad.

So far loving the new X-H1, only shot about two dozen pics with it so far, but really enjoying it's size/weight/handling/speed and it has the most quietist shutter.......smooooth. :)

Cheers;
Peter

Yes Graham, getting there ok thank you, I've returned to work about 6wks now, full-time hours again so that's a huge medical hurdle I've jumped, I'm so very lucky, four of my medical mates on our leukemia ward I got to know so very well for over a year never pulled through, very very depressing/sad.

So far loving the new X-H1, only shot about two dozen pics with it so far, but really enjoying it's size/weight/handling/speed and it has the most quietist shutter.......smooooth. :)

Cheers;
Peter

Thats great news Peter about your recovery not so about your friends, we don't realise how lucky we are most of the time.
The H1 is a lovely camera, the best handling camera I've used.

Wonderful photography, it's what's behind and in front of the camera that counts most.

Thanks twist.

@yamahatdm900 Graham, great pictures, how are you finding the transition from Fuji to Sony? I've got a bit of a MP itch at the moment, that definitely needs scratching, the A7Rii/iii are on my radar, but I'm wondering if I should skip FF and just for for a GFX variant? Its certainly a decision thats occupying plenty of thinking time.

(The X100F stays whatever I chose to do!!!)

Now these could make me change my mind about Sony,definitely feeling those

Cheers to be honest I think landscapes are more about the conditions, the great thing for me with the A7RIII is I have a pretty lightweight kit with high resolution and great DR hopefully helping me to get to more lovely locations.

@yamahatdm900 Graham, great pictures, how are you finding the transition from Fuji to Sony? I've got a bit of a MP itch at the moment, that definitely needs scratching, the A7Rii/iii are on my radar, but I'm wondering if I should skip FF and just for for a GFX variant? Its certainly a decision thats occupying plenty of thinking time.

(The X100F stays whatever I chose to do!!!)

Thanks Dave funny enough I was thinking along the same lines as you I was all set to wait a couple of years and get a GFX but then I got thinking about the price, what I wanted was at least the 23mm, 32-65 and the 110 or 200mm ( might have the exact focal lengths wrong but hopefully I'm close enough) and I was looking at north of 7 or 8 grand plus would have liked to keep the 100-400 plus a x body.
I like the Sony find it handles pretty well not as good as X-H1 but still pretty good, just about got it customised as I want it so don't really have to touch the menus now and to be honest don't think there are as bad as people say, different to be sure but did think that about the Fuji when I first got one.
Did miss the mp when I switched from Nikon to Fuji, as most people don't think I really need 95% of the time but i do find it very nice to have, goes without saying the iq is stellar and really like the dr.
Pet hate is the colour of the af point I am forever struggling to see where it is.
Overall happy with the switch, miss the Fuji film sims but generally like the colours the Sony gives.
Mind you when I win the lottery I'm off to buy a gfx and all the lenses. :)

There was a lovely sun rise this morning but by the time I'd gone upstairs and got my camera and run back downstairs it was gone. That quick.

Back