Lmao. I sold it on here so it will be in the classifieds archive lol

3. F/1.4

F/1.4

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Catch a grip. My turn :LOL:

First of all you shot them on a crop sensor. Second of all they're all stopped down to f/3,000,000 (being humorous) all lenses at that F stop are sharp lol

f/2.8 likes this.
  4. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    its generally good idea to leave it for a couple weeks in case there are issues. That's what i would do if my camera was linked to my livelihood

though i know a professional who updates immediately. he is part of sony pro support, he thinks he can get immediate support if there are issues. not sure how true that is...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 6:42 PM
  5. dcash29

dcash29

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [QUOTE[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Have they allowed the histogram to be visible at the same time as the electronic level in the EVF?

If not, no good for me either

6. CharleyBird

CharleyBird

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    For me a Loxia 25 or 21mm to start. One of them, and the 85mm.

morpheve likes this.
  7. NewBeetle

NewBeetle

Name:
    Ant
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'd really like to try one of the Voigtlander wide angles for Landscape etc

morpheve and jonneymendoza like this.
  8. Ramalama

Ramalama

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  9. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The lenses depends on what sort of landscapes you shoot.
    Mid range zoom I would say the 24-105 f4 plenty sharp enough espically at traditional landscape apertures and a very handy focal length - rally impressed with mine. You can push the boat out and get the 24-70 GM or there is the Tamron 28-75ish? that gets good reviews.

WIde angle = if you want a zoom the obivous choice would be the 16-35 either the f4 or the f2.8 GM depending on your budget.
    If you happy with MF on the wide angle end it can include the Zeiss Loxia 21mm, Laowa 15mm f2 and the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5 all excellent lenses.

Telephoto end you have the obvious 70-200 either the f4 or f2.8 but I good lightweight cheap option would be a 200mm f4 prime from Canon, Olympus etc can be had well under £100 along with a £20 adaptor you can get lovely results at f8-f11.

Personally I went with the Sony 24-105 f4, Zeiss Loxia 21mm, a Laowa 15mm for Astro (a 16-35 would probably make more sense but I really fancied the Loxia 21mm) and I have a Olympus 200mm f4. I do have the Sony 100-400 but if Im walking any distance I normally take the Olympus it does suffer from a lack of contrast and CA but both can overcome in post.

morpheve likes this.
  10. LeeRatters

LeeRatters

Name:
    Lee
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The 24mm doesn't appeal to me, it's of no use really. But I will say it does look a very nice piece of kit.

11. Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni

Edit My Images:
    No
    Ok you want sharp and wide open, then look HERE, scroll down and you will find some.

Guess what they're taken with the same camera you use, an A9! (still waiting for your shots by the way) :LOL:

12. Swiss Toni

Swiss Toni

Edit My Images:
    No
    Thank you, did it have the blinkers back on?

13. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  14. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
  15. F/1.4

F/1.4

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Ken Rockwell. Jesus.

Swiss Toni, the lens is sooooo good that you're selling it

16. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I haven’t done mine for that reason but has there ever been a situation where a camera firmware update caused any major issues. I can’t remember ever hearing about one.

17. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Riz_Guru likes this.
  18. F/1.4

F/1.4

Name:
    Anthony
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I done both my A7IIIs lol. Was shooting yesterday and one of them just stopped working, no power etc. Didn't catch on for about 15 minutes but the grip had came loose o_O

19. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Riz_Guru likes this.
  20. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Funny isn’t it, let’s see if Sony can continue to innovate and keep ahead of the competition.
    I think Sony’s GM lenses are some of the best lenses out there. :)

Hogboy likes this.
  21. Ramalama

Ramalama

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yep

22. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    But f-mount has a larger flange than Sony

23. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I can't remember the exacts but I believe both Sony and Fuji had issues in past with firmware updates

24. JJ!

JJ!

Edit My Images:
    No
    jonneymendoza likes this.
  25. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Isn't f mount 44mm?

26. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    40+ lenses later

jonneymendoza likes this.
  27. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't think anyone is debating whether it works or not. I think they are saying it's easier* to design lenses for larger mounts.

*What "easier" exactly means is a bit dubious tbh, could mean more compact lens or lenses with less corrections hence glass elements i.e. permitting simpler design lenses.

Then again look at FE55 I can't really see canikon making a lens that's sharper and/or smaller.

It's all very dubious, we haven't had any credible optic engineers comment on it to fully understand the issue.

28. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Think so and sony is 18mm

29. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Simpler less expensive lenses like the 3k 2870 f2?

Riz_Guru likes this.
  30. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's flange distance not diameter. Sony diameter is 46mm.... Bigger than f mount.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM
  31. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes that's I said in the text you quoted, f-mount flange is larger

32. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well we don't know how much bigger or smaller a similar would be on Sony e-mount

33. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    I think you may be getting confused. The new z mount reg distance is even shorter than Sony, does that make it even worse lol

34. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    :D ffs.
    Can see how that could easily happen with both batteries being in the grip rather than one in the camera.

F/1.4 likes this.
  35. f/2.8

f/2.8

Name:
    Tommy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The GM lenses are rather nice plus it’s pretty much the only full frame system that allows for reliable autofocus with the Sigma Art lenses which are also very nice.

F/1.4 likes this.
  36. nandbytes

nandbytes

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Think you are confusing things.

Raymond f-mount which is similar size to e-mount has been fit for FF for a long time. While that's true, I said but f-mount had a larger flange distance. Implying its not quite comparable to e-mount.

I never made any judgement on what's better or worst since I don't know. I am not an optics engineer.

37. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Nor am I, but we all know the EOS mount has a wider mount too and a similar flange distance yet Nikon got it to work (mostly), except they couldn't make AF F/1.0 lenses with the F-Mount and with the new 55/0.95 being MF and not AF, they still can't…

I dunno, I guess it's all meaningless, all it matters is what lenses you bring out.

My point was that not that long ago Nikon users were all going about diameter is not a problem or make no difference, I mean if the wider mount do make a difference, it would be a bit pointless if they don't come out with some lenses like 28-70/2.0 or 50/1.2 AF out of the block to make their point, wouldn't it? :D

Leica better bring out some AF F/1.0 lenses or it's just all talk.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 10:11 PM
  38. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If they do they'll be the price of a decent car and a complete irrelevance for most people.

39. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    All this lens mount size stuff is all a bit baffling. The Sony system obviously works with f1.2 and wider lenses and works with FF lenses from Sony / Zeiss and a host of others and with all the legacy lenses I have. Me thinks me smells bovine waste material mixed with sour grapes. Either that or the competition is right and Sony have bypassed the problems by employing wizards.

40. woof woof

woof woof

Name:
    Alan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The rumor site reports that Sony will add a top lcd to future models if customers want it.

Who wants one?

I couldn't give a flying. I haven't had one since my Canon days and I don't miss them.