The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

So I have decided to take a a couple more lenses than I originally planned ....

Sony A7 III
Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8
Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8
Sony 16-35mm f2.8 GM
Sony 85mm f1.4 GM

:D

Hackney Marshes?

Yea :)
it looks like the problem i'm having with hockey goals - it's half a photo :D

Where did the ball come from? I appreciate the other players are another match - but it just looks like they took a shot 10 minutes ago and walked away and the keeper has just got around to saving it..

Came from a player off screen

I either shoot wide to show it all or isolate it as i did here

So I have decided to take a a couple more lenses than I originally planned ....

Sony A7 III
Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8
Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8
Sony 16-35mm f2.8 GM
Sony 85mm f1.4 GM

:D

Why?

16-35 on the camera and the 55 in your pocket would seem more sensible for a holiday.

Why?

16-35 on the camera and the 55 in your pocket would seem more sensible for a holiday.

I know.... I will take them and decide what to keep with me on the day.
Got a Yacht party which will hopefully present some good portrait opportunities :D

Does the A9 have exact same screen size inc borders than the A7III?

Had put this on here a while back and just noticed someone has bumped the thread.

Me and the missus hard at work. :D

im not disputing that,just saying to get a similar colour cast etc to a canon on a lanscapy type photo could take some doing,thats assuming one wanted to of course.

I understand what people call Canon colours. The jpegs tend to be quite soft and pink, and so the skin tones are mentioned as being best. That kind of goes against the current wedding trend you see these days with quite red skin tones. The JPEG’s aren’t very contrasty which is what I assume the ‘look’ suggests.

Many say they favour the greens, saying that Nikon’s aren’t as nice, but personally I’ve never had an issue with them. It’s all subjective but can be manipulated as you want from a raw file so unless you shoot JPEG’s...

Last edited:
im not disputing that,just saying to get a similar colour cast etc to a canon on a lanscapy type photo could take some doing,thats assuming one wanted to of course.

Exactly, depends whether you like canon colour or not. The samples I posted werent tweaked, which do you think were canon?

I've no idea ,I said they looked good both and that I've found portraits look good from wat I've seen on Flickr A9,when I shot Sony 1st gen I understand not so good I didn't like the colours and even tweaking in LR I didn't get what to me looked good,I think you've mentioned the latest gen are improved from the first gen so maybe I might get on better with one of those but can't afford one now but will keep an eye on images posted here,however just thought the a6000 in ,Swiss Toni's hands looked good train shots so I guess it's possible eh :D

Show me a manipulated raw file from a Sony that compares with a Canon ,

You’re always banging this drum and it baffles me.

I’ve seen people switch from Nikon and Canon and their stuff still looks like their stuff.

It’s a bizarre hill to die on.

I’ve seen people switch from Nikon and Canon and their stuff still looks like their stuff.

Ime the a7 MK1 AWB wasn't great (esp in lower light), it tended to lean towards yellow and green, a custom WB which is ridiculously easy and fast to set on Sony cameras fixes that. The R2 was a big improvement in AWB and the MK3 is great (I'm mostly looking at skin tones).

You will love it.

It’s so light weight. It absolutely isn’t as good a lens as the Sigma Art 50 but it’s ideal for what I want it for though.

This is the charger I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LCD-Display-Dual-Channel-Battery-Charger-NP-FZ100/dp/B07BL1WMGN/

Surprisingly in the top 6 sharpest tested on DXO Mark. 35 & 85 are my core lenses so not scrimping on those two, 50 is just handy and a mid-weight one will be ideal for me having come from the 58G. Hope the rendition is ok.

Last edited:

In that case i’ll switch instruments.probably played out by now. And yes I think It’s run it’s course especially as it was a bit of a wind up.:sneaky:

Back