The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

We spent a day in the Lake District today and I've been editing a couple of shots tonight. Did a few quick visits to various National Trust sites including the Claife Viewing station overlooking Lake Windermere, Beatrix Potter's home (Hill Top) and Wray Castle. All shot on my A7 with Nikon 20/3.5 ais. I didn't have any grad filters with me so the first and third shots have had the shadows pulled back;

Claife Viewing Station by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Wray Castle - Front Garden by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Hilltop - Beatrix Potter's Home by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Another couple from the Lakes yesterday.

Looking back towards the hills from Beatrix Potters' garden. Samyang 85mm @ F2, focused on the house on the hill;

View from Beatrix Potters' Garden by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Inside Wray Castle, looking back down the main stairway. Nikon 20/3.5 @ F3.5, handheld multiple ISO shot;

Wray Castle by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Okay probably done to death but bags. (I already have 12 :eek:) but am not liking them for my Sony stuff. I prefer a messenger style bag and currently mostly use a Lowepro stealth reporter D650.

I need something that will accommodate.

2 x A7III's
Sony 24mm f/1.4 GM
Sigma 35mm Art f/1.4
Sony 55mm f/1.8
Sony 85MM f/1.4GM
Sony 90mm f/2.8
Sony 70-200 f/4
2 x Godox V350S
A few odds and sods battery grip, spare batteries, rocket blower etc.

I have other bags for the rest of my lighting stuff.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Okay probably done to death but bags. (I already have 12 :eek:) but am not liking them for my Sony stuff. I prefer a messenger style bag and currently mostly use a Lowepro stealth reporter D650.

2 x A7III's
Sony 24mm f/1.4 GM
Sigma 35mm Art f/1.4
Sony 55mm f/1.8
Sony 85MM f/1.4GM
Sony 90mm f/2.8
Sony 70-200 f/4
2 x Godox V350S

Any suggestions?

Ford Transit?

Sorry, coudn't resist :D

2 x A7III's
Sony 24mm f/1.4 GM
Sigma 35mm Art f/1.4
Sony 55mm f/1.8
Sony 85MM f/1.4GM
Sony 90mm f/2.8
Sony 70-200 f/4
2 x Godox V350S

Any suggestions?
How about this, not quite a messenger style. :thinking: But it looks like it may have the capacity.

Sorry, couldn't resist either. :LOL:

Last edited:
Expected delivery 1400 tomorrow. Not bad as only ordered Monday Lunch time!!!

Each to their own. I've got the Batis and really like it and see no need to replace it. If you need an extra mm of view or an extra stop and can manage the extra weight :) then go for it.
so do i. hench why i question having a gm lol

the Batis is sensational

So the 135 is sharper, lighter, quicker AF, has more compression so probably similar bokeh effect, and is 50% cheaper.

What’s the benefit of the 105 again?

It’s f/1.4 and is a better focal length in terms of being closer to the subject. 135 is too long indoors, 105 is maybe just about doable.

It’s f/1.4 and is a better focal length in terms of being closer to the subject. 135 is too long indoors, 105 is maybe just about doable.

Oh I do get that, but it’s all very marginal and subjective. I’d need to see a good difference to be persuaded.

In the real world, you’d want to be further away than closer with the 105, for fear of scaring your subject and getting locked up [emoji15]

PS. I really want to be convinced that the 105 is the bokeh future as I’m all for that!

Back