The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Unless you need a zoom

Well if you do, then you're not looking at an X100 to begin with ;) I 'liked' the RX100, but sold it on quicker than any other camera I've owned I think. Too small and fiddly for my liking, images were pretty good though.

Last edited:
Well if you do, then you're not looking at an X100 to begin with ;) I 'liked' the RX100, but sold it on quicker than any other camera I've owned I think. Too small and fiddly for my liking, images were pretty good though.

I'm a prime shooter but my x100 varieties went very quickly, loved the form, hated the output and the rubbish af. Got on much better with the Fuji ilc cams.

Last edited:
That's the one I had ^^ X100s [it's in my avatar], lovely little camera and well worth it at that price

It was only small and fiddly cus of your big meat hooks,I’ve got fine artistic fingers :p

Is the output the same for A73 and A9’ ?
Same colours?
What are they like for Mono jpg ?

One more than thing. A73 and A9
How is AF-C performance ?

Why are you shooting mono JPGs?

They are different sensors but I’d say the difference is minimal, if any.

Raymond. I often shoot snaps in mono on my Fuji. Quite like the look of them.
I shoot RAW at the same time, just in case I manage to get something worth exploring further.

I really like that mate.. Ive never tried doing Pano trying to see where the 7 are in that image.. What software do you use mate
Just lightroom. It works nine times out of ten without problems for me. These were vertical shots panned left to right with some generous overlap. The tripod wasn't level but a bit of boundary warp filled the missing bits. Nothing vertical in this shot to worry over a bit of warp!

So today out of 200 images only 1 was out of focus!

Was back to the arena from hell, with the light from the devil - but they are re-doing the lights soon so it will be much brighter and consistent throughout the arena.

Anyway, more images to bore you with...

brd6VcT.jpg

Cv5Rn7H.jpg

RXCsxlE.jpg

yEdMOn9.jpg

That with the A7iii what settings did you decided

There was a time when people would deliberately have over exposed areas to show off the lovely paper. Believe it or not.

A couple of questions regarding the sony's, inparticular the A7iii. Can you use 3rd party batteries with it and also do you have to use an XQD card or can you use two SDxc cards?

A couple of questions regarding the sony's, inparticular the A7iii. Can you use 3rd party batteries with it and also do you have to use an XQD card or can you use two SDxc cards?

3rd party batteries aren’t recommended due to recent firmware update although some work fine.

You need to use sd cards there is no XQD card slot. If you need fast 300mbs cards Sandisk and Sony both make cards at that speed. For photography the normal 95mbs Sandisk cards work well enough.

Last edited:
3rd party batteries aren’t recommended due to recent firmware update although some work fine.

You need to use sd cards there is no XQD card slot. If you need fast 300mbs cards Sandisk and Sony both make cards at that speed. For photography the normal 95mbs Sandisk cards work well enough.
Great stuff thank you, I should be ok on that side of things then! I hear the battery life on the A7iii is actually pretty decent anyway too which is good.

Great stuff thank you, I should be ok on that side of things then! I hear the battery life on the A7iii is actually pretty decent anyway too which is good.

It is, I can pretty much get through a wedding to just after the speeches before changing the battery. If you don't use the evf much you could easily get longer than that.

Back