The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Last edited:
@woof woof have u ordered the a73 yet?

No, I keep being tempted but I have so little time to get out and take pictures that I have a problem justifying spending close to £1.5k on myself for something I'll use once or twice a month. If my A7 dies I'll replace it but at the mo I don't really need an A7III, especially as half the time I'm not even using AF lenses.

Miranda 24mm f2.8, just at the point that it stops being affected by flare.

Y1paMkG.jpg

Little pool.

qGtzCBW.jpg

Frosty. Again just as the flare stops.

2OnWSyx.jpg

Last edited:
New firmware update available for tamron 28-75

I sent them an email mentioning the eye-AF was not as sticky as native lenses in some cases. Wonder if they fixed it! That'd be incredibly nice if they did

Last edited:
New firmware update available for tamron 28-75

I sent them an email mentioning the eye-AF was not as sticky as native lenses in some cases. Wonder if they fixed it! That'd be incredibly nice if they did

When they first came out there seemed to be a bit of a hoohaa about issues with autofocus when using the movie mode, Tamron themselves said there was a problem. Maybe the firmware upgrade was for that.

When they first came out there seemed to be a bit of a hoohaa about issues with autofocus when using the movie mode, Tamron themselves said there was a problem. Maybe the firmware upgrade was for that.
That was long back last year with V2 firmware update.
This is a new v3.

That was long back last year with V2 firmware update.
This is a new v3.

Apparently not

This update improves the following issues in video shooting mode:
1.Autofocusing operation and loss of focus
2.Flicker on peripheral parts of the image when zooming

Apparently not

This update improves the following issues in video shooting mode:
1.Autofocusing operation and loss of focus
2.Flicker on peripheral parts of the image when zooming

That was the previous v2 update from last year.
I already have that update on my lens.

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 14.48.33.png

Just pointing out V2 was released ages ago and the initial AF issues were fixed long back since f/2.8 was saying they just fixed it.

Actually I didn’t, I said that might have been why.

Congrats this must be the first time you have managed to get something right.

Actually I didn’t, I said that might have been why.

Congrats this must be the first time you have managed to get something right.

No reason to be hostile and get personal. Says more about you than me.

Yes your right.

I just don’t have any patience for people who pretend they know everything yet are often completely wrong.

Then isn't it better to just ignore them instead of being hostile towards them. How does that help any one.

The rumor site says that Zeiss is working on a software update for the 40mm f2...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/zei...tis-lens-read-the-details-here/#disqus_thread

The close focusing looks like a fiasco with implications for bokeh and exposure as the lens stops down...

"I manually set the exposure (aperture, shutter speed, ISO). How can I achieve correct exposure in my photos at close range with the ZEISS Batis 2/40 CF?
If you manually adjust the exposure settings, please take test shots to check whether the exposure is right for you. In some cases, when focusing at close range it may be necessary to set the exposure time up to one exposure step (+ 1EV) higher than usual."

If they're that worried about performance at minimum focus distance it seems to me that they're either waaaay to finicky or it is bad and they realised that they've pushed things a bit too far and the lens just wasn't up to it. Whatever the reason I do think this is potentially an irritation that maybe shouldn't be there. I'd like to see what it's like wide open at MFD, I'm pretty sure it'd be ok for me. Many lenses aren't at their best at MFD and it's often best to keep a bit back from the minimum but minimum can't be all that bad that they have to stop it down automatically... surely...????

Morning.

Edit ffs I was not meant to post the last pic

Attachments

• 1197222824.jpeg
    1197222824.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
How do you find the lens on the A7Riii? I need to get my mount changed over soon in readiness for the spring.
Probably the sharpest lens I’ve ever used, AF not amazingly snappy, in fact I wouldn’t even describe it as snappy :D. It’s big and heavy but I don’t find that a problem. It’s the Sony FE mount version.

Probably the sharpest lens I’ve ever used, AF not amazingly snappy, in fact I wouldn’t even describe it as snappy :D. It’s big and heavy but I don’t find that a problem. It’s the Sony FE mount version.

Looking forward to getting mine converted, superb lens. Sounds like it may not be as quick on mirrorless, but the images are worth any slight negatives.

Back