The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Given the subject I imagine he can put his camera on a tripod and shoot at f8-11 easily.

mind if I ask which shop this is? (feel free to PM me if you don't want to disclose it here in case you are afraid of loosing the deal)
Are you looking through it in a dungeon :p

Make sure to have set it higher refresh rate or frequency. EVF Flickr was a thing of the past.
Tbh I am an EVF fanboi so I'll defend it to the end :D

where do I check this

also how long does the batt take to charge roughly using the supplied usb

where do I check this

also how long does the batt take to charge roughly using the supplied usb

There is a display quality setting for the A7III but it is for the lcd display not the evf. Choosing high drops resolution but increases frame rate. You can however adjust the evf for brightness, white balance and frame rate on the A7RIII but not on the A7III.

The battery takes forever and a day to charge up the first time.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention here that I'm selling a Sony Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar T FE 16-35mm in the classifieds section.

A couple from today, a walk to the shops with my A7 and Vivitar 19mm f3.8.

A touch of spring...

4F7jT4g.jpg

A 50% crop from another...

axftsQz.jpg

It's a cheap lens but a nice lens too :D It's nice and compact and ok for whole pictures in all but the extremes and even ok for close viewing when stopped down.

Last edited:
Any word on a date for the 7III FW update?
Still April as far as I’m aware. The first A9 update was due March and the second in summer 2019. The A73 and A7R3 updates were scheduled between the two A9 updates. I’m hoping the A73/A7R3 update comes mid April as I will have the perfect test for it over Easter if it comes in time. Fingers crossed it’s early rather than late April.

A couple from today, a walk to the shops with my A7 and Vivitar 19mm f3.8.

A touch of spring...

4F7jT4g.jpg

A 50% crop from another...

axftsQz.jpg

It's a cheap lens but a nice lens too :D It's nice and compact and ok for whole pictures in all but the extremes and even ok for close viewing when stopped down.

Looking as good as you'd get with any Mansion house G lens too! :D very nice

Looking as good as you'd get with any Mansion house G lens too! :D very nice

Well, not quite :D The corners are a bit smeared even when stopped down but it's sharp across much of the frame and perfectly useable from f3.8 if you don't expect perfection. I originally intended to use it cropping out the less good corners but still ending up with a wide shot but I found that I'm actually not too bothered if the corners aren't up to modern standards as at least it has a look :D

Well, not quite :D The corners are a bit smeared even when stopped down but it's sharp across much of the frame and perfectly useable from f3.8 if you don't expect perfection. I originally intended to use it cropping out the less good corners but still ending up with a wide shot but I found that I'm actually not too bothered if the corners aren't up to modern standards as at least it has a look :D

There's a lovely pop to the images, of course I was just jesting to counter the council house prime jokes ;) but if you did crop in a bit, I guarantee people would be hard pressed to notice the difference between similar images shot with more modern pricier primes.

I shot f3.8-8 just to get a bit of isolation and background blur but shooting from f8+ it'd be better.

Two last ones.

k1DKU4N.jpg

ohw5zFr.jpg

'Crushproof' - the reviews should be amusing. I hope some do as the Vape mod reviewers do when there's such a claim, drive over it in a truck, smash it off walls etc

Oh it also has Eye AF and a selfie flip screen

Yeah, there are a few nifty features but honestly, the size of this thing, and the market it is going for is likely to be the action cam where a small sensor + a wide angle + a small aperture = almost everything is in focus. The price is double of that of a GoPro so not sure how this will go down.

Yeah, there are a few nifty features but honestly, the size of this thing, and the market it is going for is likely to be the action cam where a small sensor + a wide angle + a small aperture = almost everything is in focus. The price is double of that of a GoPro so not sure how this will go down.
I think you can also mount these on any Sony alpha bodies and basically take two pictures with one click.

Is there a website that details the differences between the A7RIII and the A7III.
The lower resolution is fine for me but not sure what else the R now offers.

The slow speed of my A7R is starting to show its self when i want to take photos of moving subjects. It's just so unforgiving with anything that moves.

Last edited:
Pixel shift.
Better EVF.
Pixel shift i would never use. EVF would obviously be nice to have.
The A7III seems to have better AF which would be much more useful with a little one running around.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys with the Sigma 150-600 & MC11 combo done the MC11 firmware update and like to respond on how it's working?

Last edited:
I'd say it's about £100 too expensive: I was looking at a similar outfit from LCE a few weeks back for £529 and the last A7 that sold on here went for £360 in very similar condition.

That's what I thought, as there's an exc con A7II in there too for just over 600, I'd go for that and skip the kit lens personally

Back