The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Pixel shift i would never use. EVF would obviously be nice to have.
The A7III seems to have better AF which would be much more useful with a little one running around.
I have a little one running around too :)
A7RIII is just fine and A7III isn't really that much better. If you want a real difference/upgrade in AF go for the A9.

Couple of weeks back I bought a 24 GM off eBay for a very good price, but alas when it’s too good to be true... Long story short eBay have refunded me and I find myself back in the market for another lens. This time I’m considering the Batis 25mm as well which is almost half the price of the 24 GM.

I’ve seen and read online comparisons but wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with both lenses?

Anyone here using any of the apsc bodies?

Does the eye a.f work as well on these as it does on the 3rd gen full frame bodies?

Couple of weeks back I bought a 24 GM off eBay for a very good price, but alas when it’s too good to be true... Long story short eBay have refunded me and I find myself back in the market for another lens.

You can't tease us like that and not give the full gory details.

Have any of you guys with the Sigma 150-600 & MC11 combo done the MC11 firmware update and like to respond on how it's working?
It's supposed to have made the lens very usable from 400-600mm which was where it was very poor previously. Unfortunately I sold my Sigma before the update and kept the 100-400 GM.
I'm still longing to scratch the itch so I'm hiring one next week to give it a whirl.

It's supposed to have made the lens very usable from 400-600mm which was where it was very poor previously. Unfortunately I sold my Sigma before the update and kept the 100-400 GM.
I'm still longing to scratch the itch so I'm hiring one next week to give it a whirl.

I'd love to hear how it goes please, as like most people I would intend to be using it at the long end.

Took the camera out for its first run tonight at my daughters school play. Terrible light and It performed better than I could have expected, I thought the d750 was good but this is another level.

One thing though... can u change the evf to show the real exposure as you see it. It always seem to be way over exposed in the evf and will actually be as you saw with your eye when it’s dialled in correct

Last edited:
Took the camera out for its first run tonight at my daughters school play. Terrible light and It performed better than I could have expected, I thought the d750 was good but this is another level.

One thing though... can u change the egg to show the real exposure as you see it. It always seem to be way over exposed in the end and will actually be as you saw with your eye when it’s dialled in correct

Live Effect On

You can't tease us like that and not give the full gory details.

Not very gory but I bought a 24 GM off eBay for £1015 from progadgets-online (10,000+ positive feedback). A week later I got a message saying they couldn't fulfill the order and couldn't refund the money, so I should open an eBay case to get my money back. Turns out they did this to 100's of buyers scamming over a £100k!!

They had the lens up at £1250 with best offer so it was already a decent price, and at £1015 it was a steal. A stealing scumbag seller that is!

There are some reviews of the 135mm f1.8 on the rumor site by Jason Lanier, Jason Vong and Marc Galer...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/new...ws-by-jason-lanier-jason-vong-and-marc-galer/

I haven't seen anything from Jason Lanier for a while. The last I read was that he was no longer a Sony artisan, or whatever, and was in a battle with the Angry Photographer. Anyone know what happened over all that?

Anyway, lovely lens...

There are some reviews of the 135mm f1.8 on the rumor site by Jason Lanier, Jason Vong and Marc Galer...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/new...ws-by-jason-lanier-jason-vong-and-marc-galer/

I haven't seen anything from Jason Lanier for a while. The last I read was that he was no longer a Sony artisan, or whatever, and was in a battle with the Angry Photographer. Anyone know what happened over all that?

Anyway, lovely lens...

They made friends briefly and did some colab videos.

The last I read was an argument over a bloke who cancelled a booked workshop with JL through ill health but was well enough to go to another event so JL wouldn't give him his money back and the angry man got involved. There was a bit more to it than that but that was the gist.

I hadn't given it a thought until today, just wondered what happened in the end.

Anyone here using any of the apsc bodies?

Does the eye a.f work as well on these as it does on the 3rd gen full frame bodies?

I've got an A6500 and the eye-Af seems to lock on well with the Sigma 30mm and 16mm lenses I use. I've going away on Saturday so will have 2 weeks to try it properly so I'll let you know.

There's a seller on Amazon selling a 'Like New' A7iii body for £805...!!! Surely too good to be true right?

There's a seller on Amazon selling a 'Like New' A7iii body for £805...!!! Surely too good to be true right?
I noticed a used gitzo series 2 traveller tripod on there recently. It was used as new condition for £274. I was looking for a traveller tripod at the time. I oldered it but the order was cancelled the next morning by the seller. Far too good a price but I just thought I would see what happened as it’s from Amazon market place do amazon must have some responsibility there taking payment. The seller wasn’t brand new though but only had 5-6 positive reviews.

There's been a run of sellers on Amazon recently offering Sony items at better than grey prices and asking buyers to contact them directly to make sure the item is still available. I confess to making contact before gently telling myself not to be completely stupid & ignoring the email reply.

But a new A7III body is £1600 on Amazon. That is certainly a great price. Is this the new price or is it on offer on Amazon?

But a new A7III body is £1600 on Amazon. That is certainly a great price. Is this the new price or is it on offer on Amazon?
That’s not amazon selling that one. Their price is £1829 in-line with other UK sellers. I would expect the £1599 one to be a grey seller. The business address is s house in Barnet.

Last edited:
That’s not amazon selling that one. Their price is £1829 in-line with other UK sellers. I would expect the £1599 one to be a grey seller. The business address is s house in Barnet.

my bad, didn't notice on my phone.

Back