The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Have ordered a Sony 16-35mm f4 using the 15% off Ebay code that went live this morning.

£729 after the code from e-infinity.

Annoyingly they put their price up by £14 on Ebay this week. And it's only a £40 saving compared to their website but still a saving!

Do you have a link to the efinity ebay shop. I am thinking about getting the batis 40mm.

Last edited:
We were out the other day and I spotted this lovely yellow (I don't know what it's called :D) and I had the idea of taking Mrs WW's picture with it but I don't think any camera could handle the change in lighting. I took two pictures, one exposed for Mrs WW and one retaining the highlights. Mrs WW likes them both after processing but I'm not happy with either and actually I'm starting to like this one, highlights blown to bits and black and white :D

Sony A7 and 35mm f2.8 at f2.8.

TsfwX9Q.jpg

Where's all the usual frequent posters these days? All out enjoying the sunshine?

Think I'm going to list my Samyang 24 later as it was going to be used with a 6400, but decided against that atm. Let me know if anyones interested.

Bought myself a Canon 135mm f2 for under £400 on the eBay deal, it was a struggle to justify the Sigma or Sony 135mm with a deal like that :)

Not used one on the a7iii before so looking forward to that.

Bought myself a Canon 135mm f2 for under £400 on the eBay deal, it was a struggle to justify the Sigma or Sony 135mm with a deal like that :)

Not used one on the a7iii before so looking forward to that.

That’s a right good deal. Tempted myself at some point. Loved that lens on my old 5D way back.

Sigma 150-600C ordered from Wilkinson Cameras via eBay using the £60 voucher. £689 delivered, really looking forward to this one.

Sigma 150-600C ordered from Wilkinson Cameras via eBay using the £60 voucher. £689 delivered, really looking forward to this one.

Will that be via the MC-11?

Honest opinion on the Samyang 35mm f/1.4 AF please? (99% photography rather than video)

Funny to think that in the long term history of photography the struggle has usually been for more depth not less. Times change I suppose.

Don't know if this has already been discussed here but Sony is now #2 and Nikon #3 for ILC
https://m.dpreview.com/news/7319905...bal-still-camera-market-share-increases-4-yoy

Sony is also #1 for compact camera market (personally don't like any of their compacts but can't argue with numbers)

Honestly don't know why anyone cares about these figures unless they have shares in the company

First landscape shot with my new gear (Sony A7Rii and 16-35 f4) - have to say I'm very pleased with the IQ and the lens seems nice and sharp :)

Forth Bridge Reflections
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

How are you finding the camera after using Fuji for so long? Was there much of a breaking in? One thing I really don't like about the A7RII is the shutter, it sounds horrible, like an 80's printer or something :D - that and I'd like it to have a joystick if not a touch screen ... otherwise it's still a camera that peaks my interest. Weirdly more so than the A7III - maybe it's the MP count? or the fact it does 95% of what an A7III would offer me personally at a more attractive price - I keep seeing them go up on local sites and still has me pondering. Could have the camera in good nick with spare batteries, charger and a lens for a little less than an A7III body only! That shutter though ...

Last edited:
Honestly don't know why anyone cares about these figures unless they have shares in the company

It's just some camera industry news like sales figures, trends etc. Gives something to discuss about and kill some time. One of the reasons to be on interwebz forums ;)

It's just some camera industry news like sales figures, trends etc. Gives something to discuss about and kill some time. One of the reasons to be on interwebz forums ;)

I get that, but it seems to be a bit of a competition at times. Sales figures don't affect any of us directly, if say, Canon suddenly took over the market because of some mad price drop on their R series - it won't change the fact Sony's newer offerings are still much better. Your post just reminded me I've seen a lot of articles and/or forum posts regarding these figures lately is all.

Have ordered a Sony 16-35mm f4 using the 15% off Ebay code that went live this morning.

£729 after the code from e-infinity.

Annoyingly they put their price up by £14 on Ebay this week. And it's only a £40 saving compared to their website but still a saving!

Wait til it drops again and ask for the difference in a refund ;)

I get that, but it seems to be a bit of a competition at times. Sales figures don't affect any of us directly, if say, Canon suddenly took over the market because of some mad price drop on their R series - it won't change the fact Sony's newer offerings are still much better. Your post just reminded me I've seen a lot of articles and/or forum posts regarding these figures lately is all.
I haven't come across many other posts about it on this forum but then I haven't been very active recently. Have been constantly on travels and taking pictures. :)

I haven't come across many other posts about it on this forum but then I haven't been very active recently. Have been constantly on travels and taking pictures. :)

Well how about posting some then instead of worrying about numbers that don't matter? We all go outside

How are you finding the camera after using Fuji for so long? Was there much of a breaking in? One thing I really don't like about the A7RII is the shutter, it sounds horrible, like an 80's printer or something :D - that and I'd like it to have a joystick if not a touch screen ... otherwise it's still a camera that peaks my interest. Weirdly more so than the A7III - maybe it's the MP count? or the fact it does 95% of what an A7III would offer me personally at a more attractive price - I keep seeing them go up on local sites and still has me pondering. Could have the camera in good nick with spare batteries, charger and a lens for a little less than an A7III body only! That shutter though ...

So far so good! If I'm honest I don't use much of the fancy functionality which is hidden in the menus - just the basic stuff on the quick menu does me so that side of it is fine. The body + 16-35 f4 is definitely a wee bit bigger and heavier than the X-T2 + 10-24 but then the IQ is definitely a step up also. Funnily enough I tried an A7iii in a shop and hated the shutter noise but I haven't been noticing it on the A7Rii - might just be me. All in all I am happy so far :)

Last edited:
Blimey they are cheap...£11 for 64GB (which is max id use). I used to use integral and never had a problem with them. May order 4 and see how I get on with them. The equivalent Sandisk I use are £24 each at the moment, but regular come down to £15-6

£1.50 off voucher today on this item.

Back