The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

You should see a clickable "show me how" and when you click it the code should come up.

I quite like the lens but smaller and better bokeh would always be welcome :D

I am looking at it in my mobile app. Regardless I can see the 10% off on other listings but not on the one above.

DSC00152.JPG

Taken with a super cheap Canon FD 70-200.
I wish more zoom lenses used the push pull to zoom it's great having the same ring do the zoom and the focusing.

Proves my (ancient to some) A7R can still take great photos. As long as the subject isn't moving anyway.

View attachment 254524

I wish more zoom lenses used the push pull to zoom it's great having the same ring do the zoom and the focusing.

Proves my (ancient to some) A7R can still take great photos. As long as the subject isn't moving anyway.
I can't get away wish push pull, I can't get the accuracy.

View attachment 254524

I’ve got one of those as well as a FD 50mm f3.5 macro. Must try the zoom more often.

I’ve been out with the camera this morning in what feels like the first time in months. It was nice to be out again and putting the Sony setup through its paces. Hopefully this years deer rut will confirm the Sony setup is definitely replacing my previous Nikon setup. So far so good (y)

Back of camera shot of a fallow deer taken this morning with the A7r3 and the 100-400. Just need to process the RAW now.

CE961C53-9094-4CF3-B316-0BE8D476B7F7.jpeg

I’ve been out with the camera this morning in what feels like the first time in months. It was nice to be out again and putting the Sony setup through its paces. Hopefully this years deer rut will confirm the Sony setup is definitely replacing my previous Nikon setup. So far so good (y)

Back of camera shot of a fallow deer taken this morning with the A7r3 and the 100-400. Just need to process the RAW now.

View attachment 254588
Very nice indeed. Look forward to the processed shot. I need to go myself but the weather was crap this morning.
Mind if I ask where this was taken?

View attachment 254588

Look forward to seeing it Rob, looks good on screen!

Very nice indeed. Look forward to the processed shot. I need to go myself but the weather was crap this morning.
Mind if I ask where this was taken?
It was at my local deer park, Woburn. Woburn is a nice place but much more miss than hit as you’re limited to just a few public footpaths which you have to stay on (unlike places like Richmond where you can walk just about anywhere). As it’s local to me I can make several short trips during the rut but I end up walking away with nothing most of the time. I visited Richmond for the first time on Thursday just look around. I can see why it’s so popular with its environment (less manicured than Woburn) and no access restrictions. This was the only image I took that was worth processing and sharing. This moment was around 2-3 seconds of a 3 hour visit and it will likely be the best I do over the next few weeks.

This does the trick.
Panasonic DMC-EC4GU Eyecup for LUMIX G Camera DC-G9 Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077DP6NGX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HPlsCbWA31SVW
I appreciate this post is a few months old, but as a new a7iii owner, I'm looking for some help.
I#m having real problems with light leaking through the standard eye cup into the EVF to the point where I often can't see anything clearly.
A search revealed the above post and my only reason for hesitation is that a found a YT video showing a chap converting a G9 rubber eye cup but to make it fit, he had to destroy the standard a7iii eyecup before glueing everything back together!
Just wondering if fellow A7iii users have any thoughts. If not, then I'll probably send a PM to david357 who posted the above.
Thanks in advance.

Anyone use a soft accessory bag to keep small items in within their bag?

Been looking on Amazon etc & I'm getting nowhere & it's driving me nuts!

Something similar to the removable zipped section at the top of my Lowepro backpacks but needs to be larger.

needs to hold 5-6 circular filters, few batteries, cheap wired remote, lens caps.....

Anyone use a soft accessory bag to keep small items in within their bag?

Been looking on Amazon etc & I'm getting nowhere & it's driving me nuts!

Something similar to the removable zipped section at the top of my Lowepro backpacks but needs to be larger.

needs to hold 5-6 circular filters, few batteries, cheap wired remote, lens caps.....

Actually, I'm wondering if something like a toiletry/wash bag might work.....

It was at my local deer park, Woburn. Woburn is a nice place but much more miss than hit as you’re limited to just a few public footpaths which you have to stay on (unlike places like Richmond where you can walk just about anywhere). As it’s local to me I can make several short trips during the rut but I end up walking away with nothing most of the time. I visited Richmond for the first time on Thursday just look around. I can see why it’s so popular with its environment (less manicured than Woburn) and no access restrictions. This was the only image I took that was worth processing and sharing. This moment was around 2-3 seconds of a 3 hour visit and it will likely be the best I do over the next few weeks.

There is some restrictions but it's not much.

I find Bushy park more "productive" than Richmond park since it's smaller with just as many deer.

I need to go back to Richmond/Bushy park it's been a while for me.

One from Richmond park :)
48448997102_f5cf592ccb_b.jpg

Thinking of pulling the trigger on the Tamron 17-28 as it's a great price, compared to the GM 16-35, and it seems to get excellent reviews.
Anyone in here using it? Thoughts?

Sorry if it has been discussed already, been away for 3 weeks :)

There is some restrictions but it's not much.

I find Bushy park more "productive" than Richmond park since it's smaller with just as many deer.

I need to go back to Richmond/Bushy park it's been a while for me.

One from Richmond park :)
48448997102_f5cf592ccb_b.jpg
Nice photo. I have heard that's slightly easier at Bushy Park. There is Bradgate Park in Leicestershire that's supposed to be good too.

At Woburn there are about five footpaths running through the park. You can't really go more than 3-5 metres beyond the footpath width otherwise the rangers will have a word with you or even drive the deer away from you. The difficulty of getting good photos is part of the fun at Woburn.

Nice photo. I have heard that's slightly easier at Bushy Park. There is Bradgate Park in Leicestershire that's supposed to be good too.

At Woburn there are about five footpaths running through the park. You can't really go more than 3-5 metres beyond the footpath width otherwise the rangers will have a word with you or even drive the deer away from you. The difficulty of getting good photos is part of the fun at Woburn.
Bushy Park is my natural home for wildlife photography having lived within walking distance for years.
The main problem there is the density of humans compared with Richmond, it's sometimes difficult to avoid people in the shots. Another problem with both parks is the ever present protective wooden furniture around the younger trees.
Having said that both of them are a magnificent recourse of wildlife.

Seems we are always out off luck here in the uk.

We missed the Sony pricing mix up on amazon prime day where people were getting a7iii’s for $94.

There’s now something going on with the Sony 85 1.8fe seems to be listed on amazon(sold and shipped by them to )at $250 with a 1-3 month wait but loads have been getting Best Buy to price match.

There does seem to be something into it though. The model no. Now has /2 at the end.
With speculation that it’s a new version that is either cheaper or as there’s a new version of the 50 also listed but at $500 the prices have been accidentally switched.

Not really Sony related but I'm just a bit baffled at prices in the classifieds here. I looked at a lens but decided it wasn't a good price compared to new as the new price isn't a lot more. I looked at a second posting and it's more than a new lens. Ok, the cheaper new lens is probably grey and I understand UK bought kit costs more but the grey options are there and make these used listing look unrealistic to me.

Not really Sony related but I'm just a bit baffled at prices in the classifieds here. I looked at a lens but decided it wasn't a good price compared to new as the new price isn't a lot more. I looked at a second posting and it's more than a new lens. Ok, the cheaper new lens is probably grey and I understand UK bought kit costs more but the grey options are there and make these used listing look unrealistic to me.

I sometimes price my UK sourced used lens more than new grey lens. If people want to partake in tax avoidance that's up to them but I am not matching that.
To me that's like saying I can steal the lens from next door at cost of a lock pick so should I now sell my lens for price of a lock pick :p

You can put whatever price you desire on gear or anything you're selling - it's only worth what people are willing to pay in the end. The onus is on the buyer to get the better deal, do the research, haggle etc... I agree though, some people put used stuff up for silly prices and refuse to budge. You see them re-posting it months later for a bit less, stubborn, refusing to lose on what they paid, but not getting anywhere.

Last edited:
Back